Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got some Q's as far as suspension. Im looking into getting a LEDA setup custom made, and also the hotbits. does anyone have any pros/cons for the Leda and the hotbits stuff. Also, feel free to complain about DMS setups lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hotbits are cheap and very strong. They are not the most adjustable but for the price you cannot beat them. I have had mine for 6 events without any issues. They don't quite soakup the bumps like my DMS on the neon but they work well. Never have seen leda on a Rally Focus.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm a hugh WRC fan and was refered here to ask a question here in rally suspension cause I want to eventually build my focus as a WRC project car, but for now what suspension and tires should i go for for the once in a bule moon harsh off road and mud driving with also being able to handle and get sharper turns for my day to day driving? Just eventually I will go full rally, I love this focus :D wanted to make if Hotbits is the way to go or is there something better for my needs and where i can find them for purchase?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I want to eventually build my focus as a WRC project car
I'm in the same position. I'm not quite ready to decommission my car as a daily driver, but I don't want to replace parts that I'm going to have to replace again next year to beef them up to rally quality.

...for now what suspension and tires should i go for for the once in a bule moon harsh off road and mud driving with also being able to handle and get sharper turns for my day to day driving?
If you want harsh off road and mud driving, just get into a set of HotBits now. But if you want to handle sharp turns better on day to day driving buy an SVT Suspension kit for $275.

http://www.steedafocus.com/store/Suspension-&-Chassis-SVT---Style-Suspension-Kit/c31_194/p472/SVT---Style-Suspension-Kit/product_info.html

If you try to do both equally, you'll do neither very well.

...where i can find them for purchase?
Here is the HotBits website. Click on the Dealers tab to find the best place for you to place your order. http://www.hotbits.ca/

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have Hotbits on mine, and I've been happy so far. But if I were to build a car, I'd have All Wheels Driven build my suspension, they do an EXCELLENT job! Theirs is about $2500, but it's custom valved for your vehicle to give it the best performance for your dime.

If anybody wants, I'm actually looking to sell my Focus rally car. Email me at benhetland at gmail dot com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts