Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just purchased a brand new volant intake for my 2001 zx3 and was wondering where I could get the ram air that fits over the battery and goes to the grill. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
859 Posts
The ram air piece was never fully developed, as in hardware,etc specd out. I know there are a few people who have test-fit them using their own enginuity (sp).
NOT TRUE.
I just bought one a week ago and it already arrived! The fit is good, you just need your own hardware. Call Inca Motorsports (877) 333-4622 ($125 and free shipping) or Volant direct and they will hook you up.
Best intake available w/ the RAM scoop.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Rally Racer,

The part I said about "never fully developed, as in hardware,etc spec'd out", that is what I am talking about! Most customers did not want to have to do that!

Did you notice that the indentations in the scoop (intended for the hardware to attach one piece to the other) do not line up with the inserts that the later airboxes came with?

Heck, if people are willing to deal with the above mentioned "issues" I'll sell the ones I have for $110 shipped!

Tony D

·
Registered
859 Posts
Did you notice that the indentations in the scoop (intended for the hardware to attach one piece to the other) do not line up with the inserts that the later airboxes came with?
No. Actually the scoop fits the airbox like a glove.
And the "hardware" I mentioned was two nuts I got from a local hardware store. Any one who can install a bolt-on can install this scoop- its that simple.
The one you have must be a pre-production unit; because the one I received fits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts