Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any pointers on how to accomplish this. The directions are pretty vague. I got the top 10mm nut off from the top of the ECU. The ECU now slides up and down.

What Next???

Any help from anyone is appreciated here.

-ShadyZX3

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
Re: Randy, I cannot figure out how to get this ECU OUT...

heh, the hard part is getting that peice that is over the ECU to stay in the slot after you put the ECU back, mine is STILL hanging down pushing the bottom part of the dash out, lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I waited and got board, then there was words and I figured it out. The ECU is completely out of the car and the chip is installed. The thing I'm having trouble with now is getting the Clip for the Selector switch inserted into the chip slot. This thing does not want to go in there.

By the way, you can prevent it from falling down by taping it up really quick while securing it with the nut. Worked like a charm when removing.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Completely done. That was really easy once the fustration wore off.
I'm glad a took a second to go post a couple messages on the site. It was just enough.

Thanks Anyways,

ShadyZX3

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks, I appreciate everyone who was lookin' out.

Damn this thing pulls hard in 1st now. All the way to 7k, no stuttering at all.

I may have to cruise down to log some dyno time though. My car seems to bog in second gear a little around 3k rpm. It hits 3k rpms and it seems like I let the gas off a little, but there was no pedal movement involved. I figure it's nothing a little fine tuning couldn't fix. Maybe something to do with the air/fuel mixture. Catch you guys soon, I'll cruise down with Danny (Limey Bastard) in a week or so. I'll call a schedule first.

-Tim

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Sure thing!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts