Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading a few posts in other threads and along with my experience with some of the so called competition I think that you should use this slogan.

"Do it right the first time-FocusSport"

·
Registered
62 Posts
"Focus sport -- Helping people pimp Focus's since '00"

"I bought a UDP from focus sport. And all i got was this lousy sticker!"

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
I'll throw my suggestion in, though I don't think it'll get many votes.

"What Supercharger?!?!"

And you know what I really shouldn't be joking around. I won the H&R coilover kit from FocusSport and the only condition in the contest was that I had to do a complete review and post some pics. I'm such a slacker, I never fulfilled my end of the bargain. Wow, I deserve some type of punishment. Maybe I should have to give up my H&R coilovers. Yes, that sounds good. We need to have another contest for my coilovers. Sound good everyone?
Well said, Charles.

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
I think my review got lost with the reviews all the people did of the plug wires, hats, stickers, etc.
That was a couple of servers and several versions of UBB ago. I'll see about a "50k Update" in the Suspension forum once I look into a few things...

How would I know if one of the rear shocks was blown? I suppose a good first step would be to get the car up on jacks
, check it for signs of leaking, and disconnect the bottom end and see if it "feels" normal (whatever that would be
) or compare the "feel" between the two sides. I sometimes get a hydraulic "squishing" sound when the car is going over bumps on the freeway.
Maybe I'm just more aware of it because a chunk of the seat back is out and the "carpet" over the wheel wells is also out? I've got about 50-55k miles on them and the roads up here in Washington aren't that bad, though there are a few potholes ever once in a while on I5 that look kind of nasty (no bent 16x7 rims with stock sized tires yet). There's also about 15-20 autocross events (3 or 4 60 or less second runs on average) spread over 3 years on them (no lapping or drag racing)... I suppose that would void their warranty? I hope not.

I'm pretty sure the fronts are ok, though I get a little noise sometimes and need to go through the front end and do new strut bushings (the $3.99 plastic "wonder bushings"
) and hopefully not much else (though I've got the revised front bar end-links to put in too). Plus I plan to raise the car up a bit. I think I've got about 3/4 of the possible pre-load on the fronts and will probably crank it up the rest of the way and adjust the back for about the same clearance.

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problem Randy.. You know where I will be if I get another Focus.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I'll throw my suggestion in, though I don't think it'll get many votes.

"What Supercharger?!?!"

And you know what I really shouldn't be joking around. I won the H&R coilover kit from FocusSport and the only condition in the contest was that I had to do a complete review and post some pics. I'm such a slacker, I never fulfilled my end of the bargain. Wow, I deserve some type of punishment. Maybe I should have to give up my H&R coilovers. Yes, that sounds good. We need to have another contest for my coilovers. Sound good everyone?
sounds great as I never heard about the coilover contest the first time.

Tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts