Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would swear that in the xcal ver i saw just an area where it said injector size, and another about the maf. Since I havent used it yat (got a working Xcal2 back yesterday) i started going thru ver.2.9.0.7 and dont see anything that I kinda remember from before.

Do you have to use some equation to tell it what # injectors you put in and I dont see anything about the size of the maf house and 3rd is 2.9.0.7.the newest version?

thanks guys maybe I can get to it now

edit: oh i noticed people using the codes, RLA6

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ARGH, any idea when since thats the only change I need to do now is change to 42# and a larger MAF housing???

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the advantage stuff was the PRP software? now Im confused:-\

edit: is it the desired_pressure_drop_accross_injectors?

now its at 39.700 but not sure what you ment about use the PRP software, I got the adv, livelink and liveupdate was there something else

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Yes, Advantage is the name of the Pro Racer software. I have the older-style flasher (the 9100 microtuner), so I dunno if it's the same for you or not, but I download tunes into the flasher by connecting it to my computer and running the Advantage software.

When I got the PRP, the microtuner arrived with no tunes installed. The first thing I had to do was download my stock tune to the microtuner, and then the mictotuner became unlocked and I was able to load my own tuning files into it. My generic turbo tune was e-mailed to me after I received the Pro Racer Package.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh yeah its a matter of I cant find these things in the new advantage software (injector size and maf housing size) everything works now so Im just starting /w the newest version but I dont see/know where it is to change these, as I remember the 1st ver I got (pre xcal2) actually had an injector size slot but i dont see the same settings now??

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Oh, okay - I dunno. I haven't played with the software in a couple months, so my memory is a bit fuzzy. I'm using Advantage version 2.8.1.4, I think, and I had to adjust the injector and MAF settings manually. But the injector data that you need to enter should show up in the descriptions and in the help files. Mine came pre-set with my initial tune, but I remember seeing where the software told me what the hi and low slope settings needed to be for various injector sizes, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts