Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Randy - I know you're busy, but I was wondering if you can tell me when I can expect to receive my stuff(SCT ProRacer + XCAL2 + tuning book)? I've been reading the treads in this secert SCT forum for about two weeks now and it killing me...

ENZI

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
it killing me...

ENZI
It should be. The logging and programming capabilities are simply awesome. I have been logging and tuning the last couple days with my new XCal2. The precision with which you can base your tuning decisions is really something.

That said, expect to encounter a few obstacles as you get going with it.

I can't wait to get started on re-evaluating my timing values tomorrow with exact spark, load, RPM, and knock sensor information to work with.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, just as I thought I received the package just as I was heading out of town for a business trip and had no time to play with it!
Today, i started reading the SCT Tuning Book and the "short" Xcal 2 booklet that came with it. Being that its a weekend, I can't active my Pro-Racer software, but I do want to flash my car.
I just have a couple of questions before I try to flash...

1) I guess since the Xcal2 is so new there is no mention of it in the SCT Tuning book, just the Xcal(1). So my question is do I still need to pull the fuel pump and fan fuses before I flash for the 1st time?

2) If I have read everything correctly it sounds like I can run the SCT Pro-Racer on my home PC and use my work laptop to run the datalogging software Live-Link. Is this correct?

I did a quick search in hopes of finding a tread that covered how to use the Xcal 2, but had no luck. So I guess it must be real EZ?

Thanks in Advance....

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
1) I guess since the Xcal2 is so new there is no mention of it in the SCT Tuning book, just the Xcal(1). So my question is do I still need to pull the fuel pump and fan fuses before I flash for the 1st time?

<font color="red"> I believe that you do not have to do this with the Focus. SVTs with traction control you need to pull the ABS and Traction Control fuse, but you're in the clear. </font>

2) If I have read everything correctly it sounds like I can run the SCT Pro-Racer on my home PC and use my work laptop to run the datalogging software Live-Link. Is this correct?

<font color="red"> Yup. I've got LiveLink on both my laptop and my desktop (just to look through the logs and see the graphs on a bigger screen). You can run livelink wherever.</font>

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I have not been pulling any fuses on my 01 ZX3, except the first time.... I have probably flashed it 7 or 8 times so far.

I have the PRP on both my laptop and desktop. Kind of nice to be able to be fully mobile.

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
I probably e-mailed you your base file. I don't recall if I loaded into the XCal2. If you only have it in e-mail, you'll need to install your PRP first since the file wouldn't be in the XCal2. You can connect the XCal2 to your car and try to program it. It will tell you if no file is present.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Randy - Yeah, you probably emailed it, cuz I tried the Xcal2 and it said "no index found"? I guess I'll have to wait til Monday!

Todd or Weld - Thanks for your help!

I probably e-mailed you your base file. I don't recall if I loaded into the XCal2. If you only have it in e-mail, you'll need to install your PRP first since the file wouldn't be in the XCal2. You can connect the XCal2 to your car and try to program it. It will tell you if no file is present.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Randy - I checked my email account and could not find an email from you with the base SCT program?

Can you send the base file to me again?

Please use ===> [email protected]

thanks,

ENZI

Randy - Yeah, you probably emailed it, cuz I tried the Xcal2 and it said "no index found"? I guess I'll have to wait til Monday!

Todd or Weld - Thanks for your help!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts