Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can cut off the little part that bolts to the stock ranger airbox. I used a bandsaw when I did this.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
what about the part that seal into the filter??

·
Registered
207 Posts
Originally posted by hotfocus:
the ranger maf is not a direct bolt-on especily on the volant like somebody with a bumpinfocus told me. i bought one today. if i can find another stock maf for a focus i can make it work.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The MAF will bolt directly to the stock airbox. I never said it will work 100% with the volant, as you were the one that told me they were exactly the same. I just don't want you thinking I gave you wrong info on purpose, cuz it does bolt right up to the stock box.

Josh

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
the ranger maf is not a direct bolt-on especily on the volant like somebody with a bumpinfocus told me. i bought one today. if i can find another stock maf for a focus i can make it work.

·
Registered
102 Posts
but doesnt the mas unbolt out of the tube?? and then you can put it in the stock/ volant tube??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Which maf and from what vehicle (ranger year) should I get from. I have a 00 zx3 with custom intake and exhaust.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just install mine (v6 3.0L 2000 ford ranger MAF)

The butt dyno say yes, but the check engine light say no ???

Does I've the wrong year ???

thanks.

·
Registered
733 Posts
From my understanding you cannot use the 3.0 maf it must be from the smaller motor for the maf to not throw a cel....
Do a search the answer is out there.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Originally posted by RiTzBiTz:
From my understanding you cannot use the 3.0 maf it must be from the smaller motor for the maf to not throw a cel....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Actually it's the MAF from the 4.0 that's different.

·
Registered
602 Posts
What about the Contour's MAF? It has a Zetec as well...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Originally posted by spankenstein:
I thought the point was to take the MAF element out of the body and place it in the Focus body. That's what mhernande did that showed gains on the dyno.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yup that's what I did and it showed 10whp gain.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
So what are the exact models of Rangers that you can use the MAF off of on our cars?

·
Registered
727 Posts
is there any downside to using a ranger maf?

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Someone explain this one to me please. I was looking for a ranger maf on parts.com and all the ranger's I saw had a seperate IAT sensor located in the intake tube upstream of the maf. Foci have it built into their maf sensor. You are telling me that you don't get a cel and your car run as good and as smooth as before with a ranger maf and no IAT?
Also, by re-using the same maf housing your not flowing any more air than before, it sounds like what is being acccomplished is a plug-n-play IAT mod.

·
Registered
103 Posts
People, this sounds like a ghetto mod to me. Can someone give a specific part # and be done with it already.
If it works that's cool but if it doesn't lets get rolling. How many people have this on their car? 3

Thanks!
ROB SOLE
I'm not trying to be rude I hope you understand.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts