Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cantankerous Quacker
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all let me say...

What a [censored] joke!!

Not so much the actual renewal. That was a piece of cake. It's the new [censored] that those of us with a Hazmat endorsement on our CDL has to go through.

Background check and fingerprinting. I'm a truck driver for crying out loud, not applying for some [censored] fed job. Yeah, I can see where they worry about all that hazmat we run around with. But last I checked, it wasn't the already legally licensed US Citizens that were looking to blow [censored] up.
I guess the Dept of Homeland Insecurity needs to keep tabs on all of us legally and endorsed drivers. But I wonder, what about all the drivers coming out of Canada and Mexico. They also can hook up to hazmat loads. Are they being tracked as well?

Then to top it off... You have initially apply online before you can go in and let the Mickey Mouse operation that our fine Govt has contracted, fingerprint you. I was unaware of that, having not heard or been told about it until I got there.

What a wasted afternoon. Ah well, at least my CDL is renewed. I'll go play the fingerprint game next week.

Rant off.

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
I feel your aggravation, amigo. I've avoided adding a hazmat endorsement to my CDL.

It's like jumpin' through ho0ps for those people at t3h DMV...

·
Registered
715 Posts
I feel your pain bro, although I live on an island in the middle of the pacific ocean, we also have to go through the same deal as you did. To me it's a b.s. process, but I guess it's for the safety of society.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Yeah tried to geta CDL w? HAMAT in KY from my German/Military licence. They turned me down said I had to go through their processes, said the German qualification was not up to the KY standards, PLEASE!!!! Glad I didn't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts