Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just got my car back from getting fixed (hit a curb and bent a bunch of stuff) anyway I get it back yesterday..so today I am excited to have my car back and while I was driving to pick up some fast food, the lower part of my Bomz intake falls off and I run over it,destroying it in the process

I pick up all the pieces and I drive back home..pop the CF hood and I noticed one of the mechanics TOOLS laying where my stock airbox would be
needless to say I am pissed as all hell.

So I am gonna have to go to work today without an air filter...is that a major problem or not to worry about it right now?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I would seriously minimize the amount of driving you do with no air filter. Stretch some pantyhose or something over the inlet at the very least. Something is better than nothing.

Sorry to hear about the bum job by the mechanics....you should have seen what the body shop did to my poor car.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so some pantyhose over it will be fine until I get a new intake?? I have my stock air intake hose in the basement.. I will put that on tomorrow..

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
icemanZX3,
That sux that the mechanic didn't bother to recheck that a tool he was using to do the repairs with is missing and then to make matters worse a part falls off your car while you are driving causing you to damage that
.You should call the place and let them know what happened and maybe they will pay for the part you damaged because of their mechanics mistake.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I would be careful in placing anything in the intake path. I believe the manifold vacuum is on the order of 20 psi. Don't be like the guy that lost the turbo on his RX-7 to a T-shirt.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im gonna put my stock intake tube back on with an old cone filter I have lying around..

I am calling up their tomorrow and explain their mishap and I want them to pay for a new intake...

I know that the intake was fine and was tight BEFORE I took the car there to get the SUSPENSION fixed...pisses me off to no end..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts