Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking at getting a chip and i heard that the sct was the best but my dad said that the raptor and better the the sct. any one know i little about them? oo it for a svt

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
The SCT Raptor is a data logger, nothing else. And it's since been replaced with the XCalibrator2, which is a flasher AND a data logger.

You mentioned a chip, but that is not a data logger, it will hold programs, but that is it. SCT chips are also referred to as a 5500 model for the red single program unit and as a 6600 or Eliminator model for green multi program units.

You mention you have an SVT, however, you CANNOT chip an SVT. It MUST be flashed. The SCT XCalibrator2 is the hot ticket in my professional opinion. Check it out HERE.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Have you looked into Diablo? The predator is a bad ass tune that i have been very happy with, its a little more expensive but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
IMHO the XCal2 is FAR SUPERIOR to the raptor. Better datalogging, faster flashing, and SCT is the name in Ford performance tuning.

The Predator was better than the XCal 1... but now that the second version is here... there is NO COMPARISON!

to SCT XCal 2

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
We have both Diablo and SCT. Makes no difference to me. Both will work fine. Find a local shop and have them tune it for what you need. If they sell Diablo use it if its SCT use it. The end result will be the same.

·
Registered
163 Posts
in my opinion that i have heard from lots of people on this site and other sites,i would go with anything that sct has they have proved that their products give u the best power and and u could keep on tuning them as u go along with performance

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
in my opinion that i have heard from lots of people on this site and other sites,i would go with anything that sct has they have proved that their products give u the best power and and u could keep on tuning them as u go along with performance
The tuner is what makes the chip. Don't believe everything you here. Tom uses Diablo on the highest HP cars out.

·
You Can't Make Me Laugh
4,566 Posts
They both are known for your succeses and failures. My experience with SCT hasn't exactly been peachy.
My old cookie cutter diablo (before custom tuning was available - other than the expensive and hard to get Autologic) ran flawlessly.

I'd have to say IMO, when I get another custom program I will go back to Diablo. SCT has just let me down way too much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts