Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a black ZX3 and i have a lot of dents and other things but my question is i'm getting a WW kit and plan to buy new fenders and both mid and high WW wings is it worth painting them when i buy them or wait to i get everything and just paint the whole car? Also would there be a big price difference between the two?
thanks

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
How soon are you planning on doing everything. Price will probably be close one way or the other. If you are planning on getting the car repaired anyway I would save up and do it all at one time. Will be alot better match and easier to work with an unpainted piece when mounting painted pieces and worring about scratching them or dinging them. My vote would be save up and get it all done at once.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Just paint the whole car...I have all the same stuff you do and am just going to wait till this spring and custom paint the whole vehicle. Matching colors is not as easy as it sounds and with all the pieces you have the only thing left is the doors and unibody...if you are staying the same color you can surely get away without painting the doorjambs too, and that should save you a couple hundred easy...Peace

Lox

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I would agree to do it all at once. In daylight sun the difference may not be noticable.. but pull into a gas station at night under those high intensity lights and you will see completely different colors pop out at you. If the price is going to be close, I would definitely say do the whole thing and be on the safe side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts