Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re:Thoughts and prayers needed for one of our (your) own

Eric Schroeter - FastFocusZX3

Knowing Eric pretty well, I, of course, knew of his excessive attachment to the Ford Focus. I had wondered if anyone here knew about his mishap, checked, and sure enough, there's a whole lot to be read, both for and against him.

For all who may be interested to know, Eric passed last night.

It is uncertain, as of now, when the wake/funeral will be. If anyone wants information from me on the wake/funeral, feel free to email me.

Eric did a great deal to bring this upon himself; he drove like a maniac, enjoyed the "finer things in life", and drank. When it all panned-out, Eric was in 'depressed' mode, having just lost his job, but this is no justification. Regardless, no one deserves to die like this.

Drunk or not, next time you're speeding around like a bat out of hell, remember what happened here. Eric wasn't THAT intoxicated; most attribute his death, as well as Ula's death, to driving insanely (which he used to do ALL THE TIME). This occurence has certainly affected the way I drive.

May we all remember Eric in our own way.

Chicago woman dies in accident on Tri-State

Chicago Tribune Quote:

A 20-year-old Palatine man was drunk when he crashed his car into a Tri-State Tollway median in Schiller Park and killed a 21-year-old woman sitting in the back seat early Wednesday, police said.

The driver, Eric Schroeter, was cited for driving under the influence and may face additional charges, said Illinois State Police Officer Doug Whitmore. Schroeter was listed in critical condition Wednesday in Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge after undergoing cranial surgery, according to a hospital spokeswoman and Whitmore.

Schroeter was driving a Ford Focus northbound on the Tri-State, also known as Interstate Highway 294, about 1 1/2 miles north of Irving Park Road, when he lost control and slammed into a median, said Illinois State Police Sgt. Mark Piercy. The accident occurred about 3:15 a.m.

Ersula Szufnaswska of Chicago was killed in the crash, and two other passengers from Chicago were injured. Darryl Chism, 28, remained in fair condition in Lutheran General on Wednesday, and Kevin Manion, 24, was released from Resurrection Medical Center in Chicago, authorities said.

The driver was wearing a seat belt, but the passengers were not, Piercy said.

Police declined to say where the group was going or what caused the driver to lose control. Whitmore said police did not yet know the driver's blood-alcohol level, but "there had to have been some indication on the scene that led the trooper to believe that he was driving under the influence of alcohol."

·
Registered
4,125 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts

The loss of a life, regardless of the circumstances, is still a tragedy.

RIP

·
Registered
393 Posts

my prayers to the families

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts

I am at a loss for words.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts

My thoughts are with his family... May God comfort them in their loss.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts

RIP...

·
Registered
95 Posts

R.I.P.

Thoughts and Prayers go out to both the victims, and survivors of the accident. May he be remembered both as a focus enthusiast and a friend, although I never knew him or talked to him, it is still sad to see a member go like this. We see this all to often, and need to realize that although it may be fun to drive fast and often take things to the edge, the results are not always positive...

May God look upon him, and greet him with open arms...

B~

·
Registered
993 Posts

Truly tragic... my sincerest condolences go out to the family and friends all affected by this.

Please folks, It's saddening to hear about jetters who pass away unexpectedly, and it's truly a tragedy when it's so senseless..

be careful out there, enjoy life to it's fullest, but don't forget about the lives you affect by your own actions.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts

hey audi, we've heard (secondhand) from her family...any idea how his is holding up?

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts

would you people PLEASE stop dying?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts

I was supposed to go visit him at the hospital yesterday but some things came up and I wasn't able to go. Eric lived the fast life and it caught up to him in the end

·
I am THE Focaljet MOM!
434 Posts

I was very saddened when I read the circumstances of Eric's death. There's definately a hard lesson to be learned from this tragedy.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends...

mom/linda

·
Registered
489 Posts

HMMMM...he did pay for is sins....its too bad he had to pay with his life instead of an easily lost earthly possesion....But It cannot be denied i suppose, justice is justice in whatever ugly mask it wears.......I nod my head in respect to the family of the lost and victim......Word em up B....

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts

Very sad news to hear indeed.My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends and the family and friends of the girl too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts