Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Illage Vidiot
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is really weird when i go about speeds of 60 my car including my steering wheel start shaking alot. Well i know it is not my tires because it does it with my aftermarket rims and the where just recently got new tires and where balanced at a shop. Now that i have my stock rims on it does the same thing. It is not my alignment because it goes almost staight and when i brake then acclerate it still goes straight. What do you think it is? Could it be because my struts are going out? Because when i got my car inspected they mentioned that in the next say two thousand miles i would be needing new struts. I only have 34000 miles on my car. Are they right if so i was thinking of getting the apex kit with springs. If you think it is something else please tell me how to check that

·
Illage Vidiot
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
when i push down on the car i notice it rocks more then my friends saleen but i know they come with stiffer suspension from the dealership

·
My manicurist says I have low self esteem...
3,014 Posts
Wow I think I have the exact same problem that you do. My ZX3 is only 3 weeks old and since day 1 I have noticed a pretty significant shaking at about 55 mph and above with the steering wheel. It starts at about 50 mph and at 45 mph there is no shaking of the steering wheel at all. I heard that cars aren't aligned from the factory so could this be the problem? Is this normal?? I hope you guys can shed some light on this because this has been my only complaint/worry about my new Focus.

Mark

·
Registered
83 Posts
bad wheel, alignment, bad tie rod end, bad ball joint, sliped belt in tire, tire out of balance, bad bearing, bad strut and then there is also loose lugs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts