Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

How much better is the $99 Focus Sport rear engine mount as opposed to the say Energy suspension reat engine mount for $17. I know you "Get what you pay for", but is there a performance difference that really justifies the $80+ price difference? Thanks for any info

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
If you have access to a press, then the inserts are great. I can't imagine doing them without them. However, they don't have modified ones for the PZEV yet. I'm only the larger of the 2 bushings. The smaller one won't fit. Still works great though. Kinda of a hack job.

But Focus Sport has a mount for the PZEV already made.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Another advantage of the ZF engineering mount is that it will bend and not snap if it were to be overloaded. I recall seeing at least one person post about the stock mount snaping with poly inserts and hard driving (think high rpm drag launches)

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
If you get the inserts, make sure you at least have a big vice. We used the mighty power of a vice to take out the old ones. I can't imagine using anything less because it was still a bitch with the vice. Also, I really didn't feel much different with mine, but it was only $20 so who cares.

·
Educating Mazda Owners One Thread at a Time
4,723 Posts
If you have access to a press, then the inserts are great. I can't imagine doing them without them. However, they don't have modified ones for the PZEV yet. I'm only the larger of the 2 bushings. The smaller one won't fit. Still works great though. Kinda of a hack job.

But Focus Sport has a mount for the PZEV already made.
A good bench vise (and a coping or hacksaw to get the old ones out) is all you need. I did mine this past weekend with no problems,

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet!

Right on thanks guys, yeah I'll probably attempt it with a vice. Its just a little thing but it all adds up. Thanks for the input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts