Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to take out half of my back seat. Reason being, I have an 18month old that occasionally rides in my car and requires a car seat (I dont want to have to be putting in the backseat every time she rides with me). Now, I assumed the bigger half weighed more, but one of my local friends swears the smaller half weighs more.

Which half weighs the most?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm guessing the larger piece too. I can't think of any differences when I took mine out, that would make the 40 portion heavier? AND there's a seatbelt embedded in the 60 portion, that the 40 obviously doesn't have.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The bigger half (60 part) weighs more

Especially the seat back...since it has the seat belt in it

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
The bigger half (60 part) weighs more

Especially the seat back...since it has the seat belt in it
Yeah, I don't know what your local friend is smoking, but the bigger half weighs at least 2-3X as much as the smaller side. The back of the 60 side is about 30-40lbs right there.

Nate

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ehh, i figured that..but he said when he was moving his stuff around in his garage that the smaller half weighed more. I talked to him again..and he said he was kinda drunk and dont really remember...anyway..it looks like the 60-half is coming out.

·
Registered
234 Posts
...perhaps if he's reffering to the bench as the 'bigger' part and maybe the 40side, or even the 60 as the smaller...but is your bench out?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts