Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear swaybar for non-SES \'05 ZX3 kit?

Ive found some DIY options while searching, but Im wondering if anyone is going to offer a bolt on kit to install a rear sway bar on 05 models without the mounts from the factory.

Spending $200+ on an new OEM part or scrounging junkyads for something you hope is straight doesnt get my juices flowing. On the other hand I would easily drop $50 on a well engineered kit.

·
Registered
19,113 Posts
Re: Rear swaybar for non-SES \'05 ZX3 kit?

This was not one of Ford better ideas.

You can't buy the brackets from Ford, They come with a subframe.

The really neat part is that the subframe without the mounts is only used in production so if you have it replaced due to damage the new one will have the mounts on it even though the car has no bar.

They save 50 cents on the production subframe by not having the brackets but they had to build a different subframe to do this.

You would think it would be cheaper to just build one subframe and leave the bar off the car.

·
Registered
104 Posts

If enough people are interested, I will make a batch of them. I can make the brackets as they look from the factory. This would require the brackets to be welded in place.

·
Registered
483 Posts

I have sway bar subframes complete with the sway bars in stock........Going to be right around $200.00 for the setup

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

If enough people are interested, I will make a batch of them. I can make the brackets as they look from the factory. This would require the brackets to be welded in place.

Im interested

·
Registered
70 Posts

i'm game as long as it will work on an '06 as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts