Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted A1 rally about the possibility of converting to RWD and keeping the ZETEC for motivation figuring it would be cheaper than buying the V-8 swap kit and they never wrote me back... i mean they did and said they could do it, but when i asked for more info, they would not respond. and still haven't, its been months and ive made lots of effort to contact them...

does anyone know who to contact in the US to have this done, or to get the parts i need to do it myself...???

·
Registered
550 Posts
i'm not sure of who a1 rally is but i know that kugel kustoms does a v-8 for the focus. they use the 8.8 rear end off an older model mustang. you might want to get in contact with them about getting set up with a rwd kit. i not sure if they can help you with the motor mounts to keep the zetec but i'm sure that they can help you with the rwd part. www.kugelkustoms.com

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
its right above your post, dude
Oh ooops.

I was thinking of the V8 conversion that goes into the back of the focus. I am right about that one right?
Nope,
The one in the Back is the one that retains the Zetec.
That's the Phase-X.
50/50 weight balance F/R. Neat car.
Several companies do the V-8 swap, but they're all front-engine, rear-drive.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
If you're going to go RWD, go w/ the V-8 or a 2.3 "Old-School".
Or maybe a V-6.
There's no point in Spending all that money and keeping the Zetec, UNLESS you do the Phase-X Mid-Engine Conversion, which is Pretty Darn Cool.

BTW, I don't think they've done a Sedan yet, but I don't see why not...
Maybe they need a "Donor Car"???
They're based in Florida...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you're going to go RWD, go w/ the V-8 or a 2.3 "Old-School".
Or maybe a V-6.
There's no point in Spending all that money and keeping the Zetec, UNLESS you do the Phase-X Mid-Engine Conversion, which is Pretty Darn Cool.

BTW, I don't think they've done a Sedan yet, but I don't see why not...
Maybe they need a "Donor Car"???
They're based in Florida...
hmmm... rear/midship engine sedan... sounds nifty... how do i contact them???.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts