Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I installed my new f.c. trottle body. The thing is great, especially on the low end. My problem is that when I open it up at about 3/4 of WOT, it pulls like a mad ape, but when I open it up to full WOT I lose power.
Does this mean that I am running out of fuel injector (too much air not enough fuel)or do you think that when I install my cams and cam gears this weekend that they will get rid of the problem? If anyone has any opinions please respond.

Roger

[ 02-03-2003, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: Jet powered go-cart ]

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody??????
The power is great below 2000 rpms, but, at full trottle above 2000 rpms, it's like I am mashing the brake and the trottle at the same time. No I'm not that stupid... The engine is still reving fine, but no power. It was either the trottle body or the coil and live wires. Hopefully, this weekend when I install the cams and cam gears and tune them, the car will wake up. Anyone have any ideas? I know someone has to. yes, I have searched, but I haven't found a good answer.

Roger

·
Registered
384 Posts
Have you talked to the people at Focus Central or the seller you bought it from. You should get a correct answer from them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I was messing with it today and I found that it wasn't the trottle body nor the coil and live wires. It was the new spark plugs that I installed with the coil and wires. My car doesn't like Bosch platinum plus at all. It's just one of those things.

·
Registered
81 Posts
it took about 60 or so miles before that stoped hapening on my car. the comp. needs to get used to all the extra air your letting in. but dont let off to go faster, stay in it so the comp can get used to it.

late
conor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts