Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my good friend just died an hour ago in a crash from hell.. goin 80mph head on into a tree, flipped over the car 3 times.. ended up upside down in a ditch. RIP RYAN RIP!! sorry but i needed to do this
i just saw him yesterday... and the kicker off all his passenger was drunk thrown from the car lived... Ryan wasnt drinkin...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Similar thing happened to some of my friends. This guy was driving with his friend and two girls that the driver didn't really know were in the backseat (they were his friends friends
) Anyways, he was trying to impress one of the chicks, got to about 80 in a 45 and ran into a tree. Wrapped around the tree. His friend went through the windshield, one of the girls snapped her neck and I don't really know what happened to the other one but she was on life support and they decided to take her off so she died too. The driver got away with two broken legs and a broken wrist.

I know how you feel. It's terrible. May your friend RIP.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
up where i live is alot of straight roads there is one road that is straight then has a bad corner, if you are even doin 40 thats to fast, he was just going wayy to fast and dint even hit his brakes.. no skid marks no nothing. just the marks up the embankment and 2 trees, then his integra GSR landed on the other side of the road upside down flattend...

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Sorry man - I lost a friend in a similar way a few years ago. Just remember the good times you had with him and never forget him.

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts
Dude I’m sorry to here that man. May he r.i.p.

I think it would be more correct to say “don’t drive too fast for the road you are on”

Was the turn properly marked, or was there no warning for it? Was it a random road, or an area he knew?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
yeah, not to be insensitive, but 80mph is not too fast. apparently it was for the road he was on, but speed did not kill your friend.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
yeah, not to be insensitive, but 80mph is not too fast. apparently it was for the road he was on, but speed did not kill your friend.
so what did kill him?? speed contributed to the factor.. but I agree it didnt 100 % kill him. the car upside down and the tree had a part in it too

sorry to hear about that

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
i guess its the "guns don't kill people" argument.

speed alone didn't kill him, driving 80mph around what sounds like a 90* corner did, and never hitting the brakes signifies SOMETHING usually.

but it doesn't matter, sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hey bro, sorry to hear about the loss...May your friend R.I.P.

I lost my nephew last year in a car accident. He lost it making a turn onto Highway 19 on the Big Island of Hawai'i. Unfortunately the car tumbled down a small embankment and toss my nephew out of the car which resulted in him whacking his head wide open on a pile of lava rocks.

I feel your pain. May all my condolences go out to your friends family...:)

·
6,037 Posts
I don’t want to turn this into a debate over “speeding” so Ill just say this. “speeding” and “traveling too fast for conditions” are not the same thing. You don’t die the second your car accelerates to 80mph, you die when you make a mistake, (or someone else does) and then suddenly go from 80-0mph. Speeding does not cause accidents in and of itself, it does however make a crash worse.

If people want to debate this more, someone please make a new thread don’t hijack this one.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.May he RIP.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Sorry man, that sucks.

and the kicker off all his passenger was drunk thrown from the car lived... Ryan wasnt drinkin...
This just doesn't sound right, are saying that passanger shouldn't have lived just because he was drunk.
So when I go out drinking with my friends and we have a DD, if he gets in an accident it would be better if I died because I had been drinking

J.

·
6,037 Posts
This just doesn't sound right, are saying that passanger shouldn't have lived just because he was drunk.
So when I go out drinking with my friends and we have a DD, if he gets in an accident it would be better if I died because I had been drinking

J.
I think he meant it as his friend was being the designated driver trying to be safe, but that meant nothing when he was driving way to fast for the road he was on.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it comes out he was doing 100mph hit a embankment hit 5 tirees barrel rolled 100 yards into a ditch landed upside down... lets put it this way what killed my friend was the road+ his head end of story.. just got back from the candle vidual we held in his honor, very emotional and i need to drive by that spot every day now, and be like wow my friend died here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts