Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color="blue"> I have to justify this to my wife so for our 1 year anniversary present. Please tell her why i should get it. i told her so i wouldn't spend 5200.00 on tom's turbo kit...
but i know we have some excellent thinkers here...

Please help i need some boost in my life </font>

·
Registered
751 Posts
You're buying this basically just for yourself. So not only are you not getting her anything but you are going to give her a fake reason why you need something for yourself? Id give her the honest truth rather than lie and mess stuff up. If she says no, then just put it off till you have the money again.

Think about it this way: For the next holiday instead of buying something for you, she gets some expensive thing that she "needs". Wouldn't you be pissed, especially if she didn't NEED it

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
because, you cant put a price on happiness... and it would make you happy.
it's not a purchase, it's an investment on happiness.

·
Registered
295 Posts
because, you cant put a price on happiness... and it would make you happy.
it's not a purchase, it's an investment on happiness.
It's also an ACTUAL investment. Tell her it'll increase the resale value of the car.
Maybe also tell her to lump a bunch of potential gifts into this ONE gift

·
Registered
733 Posts
How about if you get one your wife will be a hot looking as Hotrodkris......

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
You're buying this basically just for yourself. So not only are you not getting her anything but you are going to give her a fake reason why you need something for yourself? Id give her the honest truth rather than lie and mess stuff up. If she says no, then just put it off till you have the money again.

Think about it this way: For the next holiday instead of buying something for you, she gets some expensive thing that she "needs". Wouldn't you be pissed, especially if she didn't NEED it
I totally agree. I bought something that I really needed(didn't really) and I never heard the end of it. 7 years later and I am Still hearing about this.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think that it's nice that you and your wife talk about stuff like this. Buying a SC is a major purchase and it's good to talk about the expense.

I have learned over the years of being married that when it comes to this stuff it's best to have your spouce in the in. My hat goes off to you.

I own the JRSC when it came down to buying it my wife already knew I wanted to build the car so I explained the HP benefit and the reliability of the kit this sold it to her.

My wife bought me my body kit, M3 mirrors and Pro fuel door for Christmas. This year Im asking for a new set of 17's.

George

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I have to agree with hotrodkris on this one

But all kidding aside I have one question ... does your wife like to drive? If your answer is yes then just explain to her that this would be a gift for the both of you to enjoy. Tell her that driving HER focus with a JRSC would be like driving a very fast go-cart with a CD player.

Not only would the car be a lot more fun to drive, but it would be very reliable and would get you into and off of merging lanes in a timely manner. The best part is that it won't cost you any more in gas. My Foci has the JRSC and my wifes is completely stock and we both get the same gas mileage.... ah hell, just give me her email address and I'll blast her with email telling her all the good points of a JRSC till she caves.....hahah

·
Registered
243 Posts
Tell her you found a fantastic deal on one. There is one for sale in the classified section for $1500.00

PS Its not mine either, I wish I had the cash for it though

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I paid $1500.00 for mine about 20k miles ago and haven't regretted it yet

·
Registered
295 Posts
I think that it's nice that you and your wife talk about stuff like this. Buying a SC is a major purchase and it's good to talk about the expense.

I have learned over the years of being married that when it comes to this stuff it's best to have your spouce in the in. My hat goes off to you.

I own the JRSC when it came down to buying it my wife already knew I wanted to build the car so I explained the HP benefit and the reliability of the kit this sold it to her.

My wife bought me my body kit, M3 mirrors and Pro fuel door for Christmas. This year Im asking for a new set of 17's.

George
SOMEONE hook me up with a woman like THIS

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

<font color="blue"> I understand that what i forgot to mention was that i bought her a week in Jamaica for our 1 year anniversary....and she wanted to know what i wanted and price is no option when you are truely in love and basically i'll end up getting ( I am trying to go for that 1 in classifieds )and she sd yes but now the million dollar question is when we get enough....Move over O.T man is on the way </font>

·
Registered
733 Posts
The one in the classifieds is sold!

vroom vroom

hehe Gigantor Crush!!!
And I still think you are pretty cute HotrodKris

Some people like normal women

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
the one in classifieds doesn't say "sold"?

·
Registered
733 Posts
well the guy has a deposit and the rest of the money is on the way to him so I assume its sold..

But you never know...
I was just trying to let others know I have purchased it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the one in classifieds doesn't say "sold"?
I know that is what i was going to say unless he never told the moderator about it...

Ritz i envy in a bad way j/k..... have fun w/it

< runs home crying b/c its sold>

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
there looks to be an FMAX turbo kit in there as well for $2500... although you prolly want to stick with the JRSC.

·
WRAWRRR, BEAR CLAW!
19,258 Posts
The one in the classifieds is sold!

vroom vroom

hehe Gigantor Crush!!!
And I still think you are pretty cute HotrodKris

Some people like normal women
HotRodKris and Normal don't belong in the same sentence

Hey dude, tell ya what, just buy my car, tell her it used to belong to a woman who loved it very much as well....

Boost, it's a Girl thing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts