Ford Focus Forum banner

rebuild the mtx-75

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Drabert 
#1 ·
yeah I was planning on putting new syncros in since mine are going plus I am about to put in a turbo so I was going to beef up the clutch. And I was wandering if there was anything else I should/could buy to beef it up or just rebuild while I'm there.

Plus if there was a manual or something that could help me along the way that I could purchase or something.

#2 ·
Limited Slip Differential! don't bother opening the tranny unless you are going to put one in... especially with the turbo...

#4 ·
Hello, I want to rebuild my manual tranny... my syncros are going plus I have aerocharger going on pretty soon. So I thought while I was going to replace my syncros I mine as well ask if theres anything else I should do while I have it open. I'm going to be installing a clutch and presure plate too. Also does anybody now if Ford sells something like a rebuild kit or something to replace the wear parts. I don't know just trying to get ideas.

I'm going to need a manual on the MTX-75 too, where can I get one?

#5 ·
are you planning on doing it yourself?? i would really really really recommend that you let someone else... these are not quite as easy as you might think... ive done a few things on my car but the tranny really screwed me up... lots of details and tight fits

good luck

ps.. i would recommend a new clutch and lsd if you have the tranny out already... the flywheel is up to you.. some like some dont.. havent had a chance to really play with mine yet... maybe this afternoon

Drabert

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.