Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an easy install set of pedals for MTX? Does the 2002-2004 svt kit work?

Not looking for pedal covers.

Also interested in dead pedal. Something that can be fastened well. I am a big guy with size 16 shoes. Anything to stop them from sliding. Thanks!

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'd also be interested in a sturdy aluminum pedal set, as well as a nice dead pedal that can bolt on easily.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
you could also keep your eye out for an rs pedal set in europe but expect to pay for it. Otherwise a good set of aluminum covers from sparco, momo, or omp are really nice if done right.

sorry didn't know this was for a mk3, I highly doubt the rs or svt pedal sets will fit. Go with covers.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Finally got the OMP Cast Pedal set installed.

As I tell my driving students, you either buy these pedals or you buy the wrong ones. The install for the brake and clutch were very easy, the accelerator, not so much. It is plastic and has some weird reinforcing ribs on the backside that made getting to the nuts very difficult. I found it much easier to unplug the connector, remove the two 10mm head bolts on M6 studs and pull the whole pedal assembly. Now, here is what matters:

Heel and toe:

Left foot braking:

The difference isn't huge at street speeds since the Focus has well spaced pedals from the factory, but should the car ever see track time, these will absolutely pay dividends.

·
I'm a Neanderthal
625 Posts
I would definitely look for something more grippy than the SVT pedals. My foot slide off mine in the rain constantly.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I have a set of OMP pedals... nice. The accelerator is wide so work boots are a bitch; but after the first accidental rev you figure it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts