Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K, so i have a Sony Edition autotragic sedan purchased in the april after they started selling Foci, i guess three or four months into production??? I'm too poor to afford low MPG. I know that w. the 3.8l engine, half the mods you did would actually INCREASE mpg...don't ask me why. I don't know too much bout these zetecs. won't touch internals, so basically i'm looking for a CAI, MAF, TB, ignition, maybe intake manifold, UDP, maybe chip.

Right now it looks like I"d prolly get the Volant/FC, pro-m MAF, FC TB, and diablo. Are three piece pulley sets the best way to go? ANyone use those big fat 'livewires' and the screamin demon coil packs?

Also, shift kit opinions to extend life of that crappy autobox and is that wolff racing piece ever coming out?sorry for the length

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
CAI (Iceman, Volant etc) 200-250
Chip (diablo, SC etc) 225
Catback (FS, Bosal, Magnaflow, Apexi etc) 300-400
Flexpipe (Bosal, FS etc) 110-130
Port your TB Free
Wires (FS, FR, MSD etc) 50
UDP (Ess, FS, AFX, MAC etc) 100

that would really set ur car up well 4 a lil more snap than stock. gettin into some of the stuff u said, 4 what ur askin 2 do, isnt necessary especially if u depend on this car daily and dont want naggin issues or troubleshootin sessions that come w/modifications. questions welcome, good luck, and welcome.

-Ult

[ 01-15-2003, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been browsing the site for a couple years now...since i got my focus in fact. Just now joined tho since i lost the minivan and the focus is my real car now. thanks for the response man,

i was really looking for like opinions on the different products, I know prices fairly well and stuff like that. The main things I'm looking at are the shift kit, cuz i do plenty of miles, and i've had bad luck iwth ford autos. Extending life of the tranny is the big thing, faster shift times are a nice and very welcome bonus. And i was wondering if the Volant was worth it over cheaper intakes? ANd UDP's, who's best for a guy with a decent (but nothing great) stereo

Thx for the response to what i know is an over-posted subject

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Wolff Racing has .. Disapeered!?

Im hoping Mr Toolebox has some good news for us in the near future.

Wait a bit more before you decide anything tranny wise. You got alot of modding to do before your at a level that it would hinder you.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
really tranny stuff is about preventative maintenance...less clutch slippage = longer life regardless of power level...firmer shifts and WOOHOOO

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
god i'm turning into a post-whore, and unlike 3.8mustang.com I dont' know too much bout zetecs, darn, darn darn darn darn...just curious...any guys in hte Ithaca areao, oklahoma city, or lubbock, TX area? Just curious, cuz those are the places i spend all my time, and would love to see an import killer ford

·
Registered
125 Posts
The diablo or superchip will modify the shift points on your tranny and will make it more responsive. I think this will be a cheaper solution than a shift kit for the auto, if one is out there.
Mike

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts