Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok cool. my bro in law is going to bring his contour svt out for his first time.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Where is it exactly?

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
specifically...

http://www.redlinetimeattack.com/Event/Details/13

event info.....
Redline Time Attack Customer Appreciation Track Day

This is the first annual Redline Time Attack Customer Appreciation Track Day.
The event is open to the general public; all skill levels, all makes/models. The event will be run just like a traditional Open Track Day/High Performance Driving Event.

The cost to participate is only $125/driver (web registration) or $150 for walk up. The event will be limited to the first 100 cars that register.

In addition to the Open Track Day, we will have vendors, Time Attack Car displays, ride-alongs in Time Attack cars, professional instruction (free of charge!), Chalk-Talk Seminars, Free BBQ Lunch to all registered drivers and more!

With this event having a firm limit on the number of on-track participants, please be sure to sign up early if you are interested!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^ sweet!!! glad to know your going. I'm not sure which car i'll be running yet, my old 00 almost stock zx3 or my 04 turbo.

did you ever end up putting a v8 in ur miata?

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
So, how was it?

I saw Nik's Tweets with some of the rides in attendance, but how was the new chicane?

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
They redid the chicane?

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Wow!!! More importantly they got rid of the huge ditch to the right side of the chicane that destroyed my car, an S2000 last April, and multiple others. I now have a bit more respect for the people that run that facility. Unfortunately it took over a year.

A whole lot less pucker factor through there, but it should bring lap times closer together. I had a HUGE advantage over a lot of other people through that section because it seemed scary. With a balls-to-the-wall attitude, it was a crazy adrenaline rush. Check out this vid near the 1:25 mark. Just a little twitch coming out of that section ;) (and these aren't my best laps at this track)

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/brads74jimmy/?action=view&current=SOW1262008laps456.flv

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Thanks to Clint for allowing me to take his whip out for a bit of a joyride!

Somebody post up dem pics!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the idea for the chicane was good, poorly executed! its a bit of a hack job. its got a jump up to it so instead of driving smoothly thru it you skip up, which isnt fun when speeding over it. hopefully they will smooth it out.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^^ umm redline has the first one as march 26th at buttonwillow? is this a special event?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts