Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post says it. Who has the kit, and what type of hood is on the ride?

I just received the kit a few days ago myself- I have the Focus Central OEM CF hood. Just wanna see what everyone else has...

Ricky

·
Registered
276 Posts
I ordered one this weekend. Should have it soon. It will be attached to a Kaminari fiberglass ram air hood. I'm going to try just one rod & see how that works on a light weight hood like that. I'm sure I'll need both for the stock one when it gets reinstalled this winter.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Post says it. Who has the kit, and what type of hood is on the ride?

I just received the kit a few days ago myself- I have the Focus Central OEM CF hood. Just wanna see what everyone else has...

Ricky
I have it on a Focus-Central CF hood with scoop.
Love it!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I just ordered mine for my 2003 SVT with the stock hood and can't wait to see it on my car.

·
Banned
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aaah- thats not a bad idea, just installing one rod. I mean, we have one stick holding up the stock hood, why not just one side on an even lighter hood?

POST PICS MAN!

·
TEAM Member
86 Posts
Here is another idea... For those of you who want this kit to work on two hoods and the same vehicle, email us and we'll sell you another set of hood brackets and rivets. That way you can easily swap the hood on the same vehicle without removing the brackets and rivets.

Also, the struts are designed for the weight of the stock hood - let us know how one gas strut works with the lighter weight carbon fiber hoods. This is a good thread to know which hoods have the kit installed on etc...

Brian
Redline Tuning

·
Registered
276 Posts
Well, it was waiting for me at my door when I came home tonight! I'm putting it on at work tomorrow evening. I'll take pics when it's finished.

BTW, this is the second item I've gotten from them (billet fuel door also) and they have GREAT detailed instructions included with their products.
Two thumbs up for that guys!!!
Most companies don't go that far. Just glad to see a company who has gone that extra mile for Joe Shmoe customer.

·
I Now Post Stupid ****
3,495 Posts
Finally put it on. Heres my review. Took me about 1:30 hours possibly 2. Take your time when doing this and make sure you get everything right. The details in the instructions are very nice and dead on. The hardest part will be drilling the holes in the correct spots without moving a couple of centimeters to the left or right. WARNING! Watch out when using the rivet gun. I now am the proud owner of a few scratches in my paint because of the rivet gan moving wildly when the rivet snaps! No biggy since they're on the inside but it still sucks. Over all it look sweet and it lifts your hood higher than the prop rod. My friend even likes it and he had no faith in the kit. Just goes to show em.

Also make sure to get some "Goo Gone" or "Oops" and clean the tape residue off the hood struts if there is any.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just finished mine with a stock hood and it works great, it took me about an hour to do.

·
Banned
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looking good! I had no idea xerox made kits of such quality.

After seeing that I think Im going to install both sides.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Does it flex the hood, and will this work with a stock hood?

·
Registered
797 Posts
dropdfocus i didnt realize that with the shocks that u can change how much you want it to be open. like at car shows i dont pop my hood al the way i usually prop my stock spring there but can you set the gas shocks to go a certain height too?

·
Registered
641 Posts
That silver focus is very nice
You make me want to buy that hood lift kit, man

=dRe=

·
Registered
276 Posts
You're all very welcome. I noticed that it would stay open at a less than half open height & stay. That's how it's going to stay like that at shows.

This kit is great guys! Everyone needs one.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts