Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reflash for Tom\'s MIC chip?

Well, I've decided to go turbo. My friend found one of Tom's complete turbo kits in Colombus, OH that one of his friends has. My question is, IF the chip for the MIC isn't for my computer (which is probably isn't) can it be reflashed? How much? Do I need to buy another MIC?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Re: Reflash for Tom\'s MIC chip?

should just be a matter of reflash. not sure how he works used stuff and what not, but I think the chip just needs a reflash.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts

not only that, all the time and money Tom put into it in the beginning for the testing and tuning to come up with safe programs and all. People don't realize what labor really costs and how much time it takes to do things.

Hell, Tom could have told the guy, sorry, since you didn't buy the kit from me and it is second hand you have to buy a whole new mic or could have said sorry, find your own tuning. $220 is pretty reasonable.

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts

Were not talking just some changes in a chip here we are going to a totaly new family and EVERYTHING has to be changed

Tom

·
Registered
3,601 Posts

Were not talking just some changes in a chip here we are going to a totaly new family and EVERYTHING has to be changed

Tom
Tom,
You've paid close attention to Microsoft eh?
Just kidding a bit, but this sounds like a "Stage 2" upgrade to me. $220 bucks to keep your car from blowing up is a good deal though...hell, the dyno time would cost more than that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts