Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got both files loaded but not sure on the MAF housing size where to check it, I got a GT Mustang MAF file but I didnt see anything change under the maf info when I loaded those values. Where exactly do I need to look to compare and see if the maf info changed?

Im not sure if the maf file kept the foci SVT sensor or the GT or if it makes a difference, Ill have to wait on that till monday unless there is a value I can check to see what I got from SCT

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
transfer function is orange but all the rest are still white

what can I check to see if its the rt set of numbers? and/or if I am supposed to use the GT sensor or my svt sensor?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok i see the values are changed but not sure how to tell which sensor was used, still goes to 5v but not sure what the GT would go to??

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
The GT value file is meant to be used with the housing and MAF wire from the GT on whatever it is that you are tuning.

When you asked for the value file, what year MAF did you specify?

Also, this is a service that we are supposed to provide. You just need to e-mail me what you need.

The GT along with other MAFs are still going to go to 5v, they will just handle more flow.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh Mike at SCT asked me what maf I was going to use and I just told him an 80mm mustang GT house and either its sensor or my focus sensor and he sent me the file, I didnt know he was sending it I had just emailed him about something and that was part of it, didnt give him a year :-\

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, can I just use my sensor? its cleaner or does the GT have a higher value it can run in the housing? I also found where I was thinking it took just the # value for injectors, its when you save a file it has all that info you can just put in but its not part of the file

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Randy its from a 2002 4.6 mustang GT

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
If the GT housing is not big enough, just using your Focus wire in the GT housing will be a waste of time. I can't recall the GT size, you'll have to fill me in. It might be better to just start with the complete housing and wire. The GT wire will allow more flow before it maxes out in comparison the the Focus wire.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2002 4.6 mustang GT MAF is about 80mm

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
That's a good size then.
Your Focus wire should work, so you have a choice then.

If you use your Focus wire, ignore the value file, don't use it. What you'd do is multiply the MAF #/MIN column by 40% or so and check your fuel trims and then adjust accordingly. From the moment you go into open loop, check the MAF counts or voltage in your case. At that point ( whatever MAF voltage you are at ) and up until the 5v maximum you'll probably want to multiply the same column by an additional 10 - 15%.

That is just to get you started, I don't use the GT MAF, so my numbers might be off a bit, but you get the idea.

I'll send you the value file in a few minutes in case you want to use it, I gotta eat some fruity pebbles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts