Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been reading about the Xcalibrator 2 SCT flasher and that it has the option to disable TCS on the 2005 foci.

I am wondering if its possible for someone to talk with my stock ecu, reprogram it so that TCS is GONE... I still want ABS to work, just not TCS... I had to pull both fuses for ABS when I dynoed the car...

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
I don't understand the question. That's exactly what the XCalibrator 2 is for. You don't need a new ECU.

·
DoubleStuf™
3,716 Posts
I don't think that's what he was asking. I think the question is, WITH the Xcal2, can you TOTALLY disable traction control & still have functional ABS?

I'd like to know this also.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right, my main question is... Is there anyone on here, namely a dealer or a super smart car person, that can reflash my ECU so that the TCS is OFF...

I know the Xcal 2 can do it, I just don't want to pay $350 right now to get it removed...

thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
The Xcal 1 is a bit cheaper, it can flash just the same, just not datalog, or read DTCs...

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, its only $50 less... In the future I want to be able to datalog... and the software SCT is offering looks promising...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Looks like it, user adjustability doesn't look like it's working properly just yet..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts