Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I smashed my A/C condensor in my recent accident and I don't really feel like paying to replace it so I figured I'd just remove my entire A/C. I was just wondering if it would be possible to remove the pulley and get a belt from ford or an auto shop to fit after the removal of the A/C pulley?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
What are you going to do when it gets hot in San Jo? Gotta keep the interior cool. Sorry to hear about your wreck. I've been following your Rousch project and like what I see.Good job on that!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are you going to do when it gets hot in San Jo? Gotta keep the interior cool. Sorry to hear about your wreck. I've been following your Rousch project and like what I see.Good job on that!
I do have windows.
I have been thinking a lot about how it will suck to not have A/C on hot days, but right now I only have enough money to buy what I need to get the car running (radiator and fans). And I figure I'll just take all the A/C components off and save them until I do have the money to repair the A/C. In the meantime I'll just drive really really fast so that I can get all the cool wind blowing at me through the windows.

·
Registered
395 Posts
roll down the manual windows and take in the hot wind.
. yeah, replacing the ac condensor and the hardline is bent badly, plus u gotta take it in to get refilled. even if you can find a smaller belt, just rip everything out minus the compressor. youre already turbo, so i dont think you'll actually feel the extra power of skipping the ac.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
I've got non-AC Focus UDP kits with belt... mine as well improve performance while your down there, right?

·
Look under the curve... UNDER THE CURVE!
3,134 Posts
how hard is it to remove the ac.. and where would i find the belt..
Removing stuff is always easier than putting it back on. Basically, find someone to depressurize the refrigerant, then pull the serpentine belt. After that, the compressor has 4 bolts and a hardline that needs to be undone. Then it's basically a matter of following lines and unbolting stuff. I cut the hardlines that run into the cabin, but my plan is to remove that stuff as well.

·
Bacne..
2,690 Posts
^There is a coupler on the engine side of the firewall, one of those springy deals. Just un-do them there and cap them off. That's as far as I went with the A/C removal; everything ahead is gone, behind is there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts