Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the 2 top bolts are easy enough to get to and remove, but I can't seem to get the other 2 that are about halfway down the shield on the front. Would it be best to get at those from under the car?

Also, is it imperative that the heat shield be re-installed if I remove it to do something like my PCV valve replacement, or can I just leave it off and be OK?

·
Banned
5,338 Posts
when i took mine off. i think i broke them loose with a open ended wrench and then used a 1/4 drive socket. i dont know bout getting it off, its a pain. i dont think you have to put it back on but its not a pretty site haha

·
Banned
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when i took mine off. i think i broke them loose with a open ended wrench and then used a 1/4 drive socket. i dont know bout getting it off, its a pain. i dont think you have to put it back on but its not a pretty site haha
I know it's ugly under there, but I plan on going with a race header soon anyway, so I figure I might as well leave it off if I take it off.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I didn't have to get at them from under the car, but I have long skinny hands. I never touched my PCV valve with the stock manicat in place...is it really necessary to take the heat shield off to get to it?

·
Banned
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I've read, the PCV is behind the exhaust manifold, and with me having big ass hands, I'd need to pull the shield to get to anything close to behind the manifold.

Good news, today I just got some nice Craftsman box end ratcheting wrenches, so that should make it easier to get at the front side bolts. I've been wanting those wrenches for so long since I never had any ratcheting wrenches, and today, my dad gets home from work, hands me a Sears bag, and what's in it? A set of 5 ratcheting wrenches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts