Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Illage Vidiot
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright i know people are going to give me crap about this one, but i did a search and looked all the way back to last december.

So how do you do this?

I know that you unplug the battery for like 15 minutes, and will i get a warning light when i put the cover back on. I tried just pulling it up but now it looks somewhat bent and it does not come off. I am trying to paint it.

Thanks

·
Registered
871 Posts
ok, since no one else is posting......on the 95 and up mustang you take out the glovebox and there are screws you take out 4 i beleive there are hard to find you will have to look. good luck.

·
Registered
970 Posts
i think the cover just pops off after puttin a screwdriver under it there are screws inside it to remove the airbag i believe.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
There are two bolts holding the cover in, you have to pop some ducting off and drop down or remove the glovebox to get to it. They are 10mm bolts and are practically up against the firewall. After they are removed you can pop the cover off. If you search better you will find all this info.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Alright i know people are going to give me crap about this one, but i did a search and looked all the way back to last december.

So how do you do this?

I know that you unplug the battery for like 15 minutes, and will i get a warning light when i put the cover back on. I tried just pulling it up but now it looks somewhat bent and it does not come off. I am trying to paint it.

Thanks
That MOFO might slap you upside yo head....LOL...now that would be funny.

·
Registered
156 Posts
How do i get the ducting out, ive got the glove box out but i cant figure out how to remove the duct, do i just pull, also i can feal two nuts behind the air bag near the fire wall but they are both practicly in the same spot, are those the ones needed,.... ?

·
Registered
747 Posts

So how do you do this?

Thanks
Try hitting something at a speed greater than 10 MHP and it should be self-removing

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
First pop out the big vent. The ducting has a little push in plastic thing by one or two of the vents if I recall. Just gotta pull on the end of it to pop it off. Then pull on the duct to the right to separate it from he big black ac/heating unit in the center of the dash.

There are two flat bars that come down from the airbag cover. There is one bolt on each bar. The bars are like 5 or 6 inches apart I guess. I think one of the bolts is higher than the other as wel so if you can't find one look higher on the bar! Once you have the two bolts off then you still have to carefully pop the airbag cover off the top of the dash with a small flat blade screwdriver.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts