Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda embarrased by this one, but this is the type of thing where you dont want to take to many chances...

I've removed many a mirror in my days, and even a few Foci mirrors, but they were all older models. I've got an 03 here and cant seem to figure out how to get the somnabitch off. I see no clips, allen head set screws, or anything of the sort on it. It does appear to have kind of a domed plate, but it didnt come off with gentle prying. Help me out here!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
i think my dad's 03 had the same kind of clip my 02 does. in fact he managed to unclip it after i told him how mine came off so it should be the same. there is a kind of tab you push in (or press or do something to) and the mirror slides upward off the mount. saw the autoglass guy take mine off in about 5 sec, i didn't know it came off like that.

the tab on his and mine is in the downward pointing side of the mount, against the windshield kinda.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm. This ones a wagon so I dont know if it would be different than 02 ZX3's... I know my 02 ZX3 is different (i think). Im sure my 00 wagon is different than this 03.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts