Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently hit a rock and busted my header, now I'm trying to remove it and i dont know how to remove the heat shield i removed all the bolts I just dont knwo what else i have to do. Any help would be appreciated it.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
it's a real tight fit... i had to fight like hell to get mine off. your best bet, albeit a royal PITA, is to remove the front fascia and work unobstructed.

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Yeah if you don't care about the header or the shield then I would just cut it off.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
So what if you want to try to keep the heat shield form being destroyed? Someone want's to buy my heat sheild when I take off my header and put my coated header. I was looking at it the other day when cleaning the engine bay, it looks like the sheild is rivited together. I was thinking I could drill those out and it might come out easyer.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
the shield is held on with six bolts. four up top, two down bottom. 8mm i believe. once you remove those you'll find that it still doesn't want to come out. you'll need to move the radiator forward / remove the fans to get the shield off.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
How hard is it remove the fans?

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
in theory it's not difficult, but a pain to get to the clips.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I will also have to pull the dipstick tube correct? It is just removing the bolt near the top of the tube and pulling the bottom out of the block?

·
Registered
268 Posts
just drop the header, so much easier than moving the radiator, it takes like a second and a half to drop a header.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts