Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
June was a bad month at my house if you were a car.

A neighbor of mine blew a tire while driving by and veered into my Focus which was parked on the street. The collision messed up the whole drivers side from the rear quarter panel to the front bumper, sheared off the power mirror, and gouged the wheels and tires. Almost $4k of damage.

Fortunately, no one was hurt the driver had insurance and acted like a stand up guy about the whole thing. His Ins. Co. even got me a rental for the time my car was being repaired. Enterprise renta-car was out of Foci so they upgraded me to an '06 Taurus with 2k on the odo. So for about 4 weeks I got to break in the car. Frankly, I was not really enjoying the renta-Taurus. O.K. Its roomy, but rather cheaply built. The plastic steering wheel had mold lines that snagged the guitar calluses on my fingers. And the dashboard lights are not bright enough to read in day light and it also has this really annoying feature. When you got below 1/4 tank of gas, it won’t display the mileage anymore, just the message WARNING LOW ON FUEL. The owners manual says you can hit the reset key to make the message go away but when I tried it the trip meter reset back to 0. Now, I make in home appointments with my customers, and when I'm following mapquest directions saying "travel .01 miles then turn right for .04 mile" I need to know what trip meter says in that range. I like to use all the gas in the last 50 or so miles of a tankful.

Then

a week before I had to give the renta-Taurus back, some dude in a 4X4 Tahoe clonks me from behind in stop and go beach traffic, and his brush guard puts a big ol dent smack in the middle of the Taurus's rear trunk lid. (Oi Vey!) Coincidentally, his insurance agent and mine are the same guy, so Enterprise hit me for my deductible, for which Tahoe dudes policy will reimburse me, so I'm told.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Pull the air filter out. Thats what I do with my rental tauri. They sound a lil better then.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
hey i work for enterprise rent a car. dont tear them up to bad please. i hate being the one fixing them all the time.
Oh, I can tear them up too if you like. I work for Progressive

actually I'll just say "WHEN I MAKE A [censored] RESERVATION IN ARMS IT'S WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT 'RESERVATION' MEANS THERE WILL BE A CAR RESERVED FOR MY INSURED!!!"

·
Registered
444 Posts
I rent from Budget so your safe...for now hehe.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Sixt here. Normally they make it back with 50% less tread and brakes. But they are clean and filled up!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I didn't even know there was such a thing as an '06 Tarus. I assume only a fleet vehicle???

Last time I went to Vegas and rented a car............well, all I can say is that a Protoge does surprisingly well at jumping up a 6" curb head on. As well as the 2 hour rally style jaunt along some gravel desert roads.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That was what the registration card said
Model year 2006. How you get and 06 in
June of 05 I have no idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts