Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After replacing my SVT wheels with the Team Dynamic Pro Race 1's, I noticed that these new wheels show off more of the rotor. And honestly, it was ugly:

Nasty rust and caked on brake dust near the center of the rotor that was hidden by the old wheels but was clearly visible with the new wheels.

So, as I was replacing my brake pads today, I did this:

(Yes, I know they are different sides....I failed to get a before pic of the driver's side...)

The rears turned out pretty good too:

Before:

After:

A Dremel with a steel bristled attachment cleaned them up good as new. Now we'll have to see how long they stay that way.

·
DoubleStuf™
3,716 Posts
Do they make hi-temp clear coat? Might be something to consider to help keep'm looking that good.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Try some hi-temp (black bar-b-que) paint...as I doubt there is a clear that will work...

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
Maybe header paint would stand up to it?

P.S.: I didn't like your wheels until this thread. Why do they do that little color-flip thing on the inside?

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know. The wheels are weird. The face is a high sheen silver color. The sides of the spokes are almost anthricite, partial silver/black speckle. And the dish of the wheel is full on black.

I was surprised to see this. I thought the wheel would be high power silver all over, not just on the face. It helps hide the brake dust though.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
I tried caliper paint on a new set of rotors. One track session burnt that crap right off.
I was thinking of this but obviously now I won't bother trying it.
It didn't even work for long on my rear DRUMS...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts