Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my zx3 has the original wipers from day one.
they have lasted this long, because I cleam them regularily with a towel dipped in washer fluid. but the back wiper needs to be changed, so im goign to change the whole set, fronts, and rear. where is the best place to pick up some replacement wipers? and what size blades does it need? Thanks. oh p.s. how much am I looking to spend? thanx

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
just go to your local auto store. they can tell you what size you need. shouldn't be more than 20 bucks(us) for some good ones.

·
I Now Post Stupid ****
3,495 Posts
So far I've used 5 different brands of wiper. All of them sucked EXCEPT TRICO. I buy them at pepboys. They are OEM replacements and work like a charm. Bosch are the most expensive. They're last a while but when the time comes they will CHATTER your ear off. Everything should cost about $20.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found that they dont sell replacement blade refils for the focus wipers. You have to buy new whole wiper arms, the metal part. Well I picked up 3 new ones from my Ford dealer, 2 for the windshield, and one for the hatch, in total, came out to $50 CDN with my employee discount. I know I could have bought them from Crappy (Canadian) Tire, for like $25 for all 3, but I figure, I'll spend a little more money, since I only change wiper blades every 1.5 years.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
I found that they dont sell replacement blade refils for the focus wipers. You have to buy new whole wiper arms, the metal part. Well I picked up 3 new ones from my Ford dealer, 2 for the windshield, and one for the hatch, in total, came out to $50 CDN with my employee discount. I know I could have bought them from Crappy (Canadian) Tire, for like $25 for all 3, but I figure, I'll spend a little more money, since I only change wiper blades every 1.5 years.
uh...they aren't focus specific...they are size specific. maybe canada is different eh?

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I just replaced the rear wiper with a Bosch micro edge deal and the frickin top half of the wiper doesnt even come in contact with the damn glass..

WTF is the deal???

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I just replaced the rear wiper with a Bosch micro edge deal and the frickin top half of the wiper doesnt even come in contact with the damn glass..

WTF is the deal???
Hey Joe, have ya tried turn the blade around and changing the clip thingy?? This happened to me and I turned it around so that the blade is a little longer and this will clean your window better. Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts