Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently the wife's 2000 ZTS power door locks started to go out. You could hear the system straining against a bum lock or actuator. Sounded like the front driver's side was the bad one, so I went into the door panel, disconnected the power lock cable and lo and behold the rest of the locks work fine.

So I need to replace the driver’s side, front power door lock actuator. Now looking online at parts, it looks like the door-lock and actuator are one single part? Is that correct because I'm used to them being separate? If so, anybody have a part#? If I'm right at what I'm looking at online, looks like it would be about $100. I wish I had a parts breakdown book that I could look at.

Secondly, anybody have any idea how to change it? It's one thing to get in there and disconnect the cable, something else altogether (at least it looks like) to remove and replace that sucker. Any ideas, tips or instructions how to do this?

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my 2000 SE. Wish I could figure it out. Sounds like you have the right idea. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one with this problem.

PJ

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks like my problem was the fuse for the power doors. SO, I guess it's not the same as your problem. But just in case...the fuse (#63) is located behind the fuse panel. Just have to unscrew the two bolts and the whole thing drops down...then you can get behind it. Look under all the connector cables for the lone fuse on the back of the panel.

You might want to check the fuse...just in case.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to replace the passenger door actuator, but I have no idea how. Does any one have any idea or instructions on how to do it. It will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got the same problem with my passenger door on my 2000 ZX3. Looks like according to fords diagram that it just might come out as a unit bolted or rivited I don't know but I'm taking a look on Sunday. Wright you back then.

·
Registered
31 Posts
well hopefully for you its not any thing like adding after market door lock actuators for the ford focus because its a pain in the ass. but I dont think so. its more just bolt on than work you probley dont even need directions

1 - 8 of 8 Posts