Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the half-worn Firehawks on my 2001 Focus ZTW Wagon because they had grown increasingly loud; they roared like old-style snow tires or a worn wheel bearing and bugged me, and they were getting dicey in the wet, too. I wanted a three-season tire (not M&S) because I run winter tires on steel rims when the snow flies.

After a lot of comparison shopping on the Internet and at local tire dealers, for price as well as features, a week ago I installed new 205/50 X 16 Bridgestone Potenza RE750s and my car has simply been transformed.

They look gorgeous with their directional tread and the rim-protector bar built into the sidewall. And they are QUIET; the car sounds like a completely different car now, a limousine (almost, I swear), right up to 140 km/h. They track like on rails (literally), and I simply couldn't make them squeal when cornering.

I was worried they might ride like they were made of concrete since they were "W" speed-rated (up to 168 mph). But no, they're smooth and luxurious -- it rides like a different car now!

They should last longer than a lot of competitors, being rated "340" for wear under US-government standards. They seem excellent in the rain (of course, they're new) and they should be since they are rated "AA" for (wet, straightline) traction when braking.

I highly recommend them. If you want to check them out, here's a link:

http://www.bridgestonetire.com/CA_EN/dpp/index.asp

·
Registered
65 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts