Mods:

Volant
Pro-M 70mm MAFS (COB11)
FC 65mm TB
FC 2 pc. Pulley Kit
Ported 2000 Intake Mani
FC Stage 2 Head (decked) w/Crower Stage 2 Cams
FC Raceheader/Flex
FS Quiet Exhaust (AMAZING job of quieting the Raceheader!)

I was quite disappointed by the first graph (146.9 HP/141.4 TQ) but Vic had me smiling by the time he was done (160.1 HP/151.9 TQ)!!

and here's the final run with the Air/Fuel:

Now I don't know much about Air/Fuel yet, so I'm hoping to get some enlightenment on how my current set up looks and what I can do to improve on it.

A big
to Vic and FS for all the help!

(plus I got two white FS stickers! +3HP each!)

[EDIT]...ImageStation....
[/EDIT]

[ 02-18-2003, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: SuperMatt ]

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
...damn imagestation...

Damn nice numbers!!! Is it me, or does it seem like 160+ whp is becoming more attainable lately?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I am sure u have cam gear right?

·
Registered
384 Posts
those are some good numbers.

·
Registered
140 Posts
how much is your head decked?

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Originally posted by UltegraSTI:
1st decent tq curve from crower 2s i've seen. gj and enjoy.

-Ult
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">make that the 2nd youve seen]

maybe dennis and the gang do know a thing or 2 'bout NA power...

btw, this is a dyno with even more agressive crower cams, on the intake side at least

[ 02-19-2003, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: nazthug ]

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Nice numbers matt!

And I hope the new FS Exhaust isn't loose like on Sunday!

Very nice indeed.... I need some more cash and I need it NOW!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
and still u try naz...lol....

here we have a car w/2s and tuned by FS. i'm impressed, gj.

the 'other' u speak of...done by ur friends does not have the cam combination seen above. spend enuff money and u'll get power (within reason of course). however, as a sidebar...if they or any1 is able 2 go over 170whp w/a decent tq curve runni any derivative of the stock manifold, then i'll tip my hat 2 that.

keep tryin though...i'd like 2 b on the level w/ya. really i would, i dont like dropping people like on a climb.

-Ult

[ 02-19-2003, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Now I don't know much about Air/Fuel yet, so I'm hoping to get some enlightenment on how my current set up looks and what I can do to improve on it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">12.somthing:1 is best A/F ratio for HP 17.somthing:1 is the best for economy. thats why 14.7:1 is the best for both and emisions

·
Registered
158 Posts
the 'other' u speak of...done by ur friends does not have the cam combination seen above. spend enuff money and u'll get power (within reason of course). however, as a sidebar...if they or any1 is able 2 go over 170whp w/a decent tq curve runni any derivative of the stock manifold, then i'll tip my hat 2 that.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">the dyno naz posted (who, by the way, i have never met or even spoken with) is mine from this last weekend. It has stock compression and a ported stock manifold. Just to prove it to you, i'll fix my air/fuel and will easily pick up the extra 5whp without degrading my torque curve. I'm not looking for a fight, i just know it can be done.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
and still u try naz...lol....

here we have a car w/2s and tuned by FS. i'm impressed, gj.

keep tryin though...i'd like 2 b on the level w/ya. really i would, i dont like dropping people like on a climb.

-Ult
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">no it doesnt have teh same cams...its got a bigger intake cam...which should be even worse with torque by the book right?

for you info, the OTHER cams i speak of, are crower stage 3 intake, stage 2 exhuast

very simple, very affective, and obviously makes plenty of torque...first dyno NA ive seen, i believe with 150ft/lb of torque btw

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Originally posted by Saleen317:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by UltegraSTI:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">the dyno naz posted (who, by the way, i have never met or even spoken with) is mine from this last weekend. It has stock compression and a ported stock manifold. Just to prove it to you, i'll fix my air/fuel and will easily pick up the extra 5whp without degrading my torque curve. I'm not looking for a fight, i just know it can be done.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yup...nothing special ultra...pretty much teh same combo with a tad bit different cam combo, but still crower, the ones you say "SUCK on torque"

Just trying to show the crowd that by no means do the crower cams SUCK, i got numbers...and thats what matters, i just dont like when people say this sux on low end, this sux on high end, simply talking out of the....well

BTW....im sure saleen317 is plenty happy with his torque curve/power curve and his crower cams...and dont think he would trade em for anything
Ive had em, i loved them...

Isnt it great how pretty much every guy who gets a headpackage is breakign 160whp

Take a sidestep for a second, thats ALOT of power over stock, its great

BTW...enough money? I dont think saleen spend much more then the other guy...matter of fact, he spent just about as much, notthing special on his car, no magic

Just good cams/head/intake manifold

[ 02-19-2003, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: nazthug ]

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
not talkin bout him, talkin bout 'house' cars. its more meaningful when some cat does it thru his time and money.

oh btw, mcnews is over 150tq NA, between this and a previous thread, i'm guessin u missed it. i dont bash crowers, in fact any1 who asks where the deals r on them, i turn them 2 focusboy, so much so he's thanked me in pm. just tend 2 c them as lackin on others in the low 2 mid, in exchange 4 a couple more ponies on top over the rest. each cam has its pos/neg.

-Ult

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
i dont think crower is NEARLY as peaky as the kent/fs cams, those are the ones i would agree with you on

I see it like this:

mad lowend torqe - crane/cat

great all around - crower 2/2.5

Keeps going peaks - kent/FS

Ofcourse, its all in the grind, any one of those companies can make you a grind for either 3 of those...but as far as basic stages go, thats how i see it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts