Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola,

I just wanted to throw the times up from yesterday's first ever Redline:Time Attack! This was a small trial run of our classing system and schedule.

Classes:

Street-FWD = S-F
Street-AWD = S-A
Street-RWD = S-R
Limited-FWD= L-F
Limited-AWD= L-A
Limited-RWD= L-R
Unlimited-FWD= U-F
Unlimited-AWD= U-A
Unlimited-RWD= U-R

Results:

1:17.359 Road Race Engineering, EVO-8 U-A
1:18.492 Alan Crocket, '88 Mustang L-R
1:19.657 Alex Chen, S2000 L-R
1:19.906 Emilio, Turbo Miata L-R
1:20.711 Bob Stemke, Corvette Z06 L-R
1:21.371 Ray Navarro, S2000 L-R
1:21.851 Jeff Owen, Integra U-F
1:22.012 Mike Potter, WRX STI S-A
1:23.402 John Dyer, '90 BMW 325 S-R
1:23.503 Gus, WRX STI S-A
1:23.775 Paul, WRX STI S-A
1:24.311 Joe Soto, '89 Civic (B16) S-F
1:24.589 Charleston, CRX L-F
1:25.657 Brandon, Subaru Forester S-A
1:27.397 Brian, 95 Miata S-R
1:35.358 Rirantoro, 95 240sx S-R

We will be hosting a HUGE Redline:Time Attack! on November 6th at Spring Mountain Raceway. Modified Magazine has agreed to be title sponsor of the event and will take out full page ads in their mag to hype the event up. We are currently at work on a completely new website that will have much more information on it for vehicle classing, rules, schedules, prizes, etc, etc, etc.

The plan is to run the November event and gear up for a series of events in 2006, including trips to the East Coast. We want to take our idea of Time Attack to everyone. We have aftermarket part companies very interested in supporting the idea as well as OEM auto manufacturers and the media.

We hope to see a few of our regular Focus track junkies at some of our events. The Focus can compete in the Street and Limited classes if setup properly and driven well.

·
Professor PowerSlide
5,944 Posts
That was an interesting deal Nik!

Thanks to ScottishSVT, he was lapping with me early sunday and told me something that I had told others. "Your overdriving the car!" I guess sideways is not always the fastest way around.

Focused on getting rear bite and got about 2 seconds more out of the car

Man just reviewed the times, the Z06 stepped up about 2 seconds as well. MAn that was close!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The fastest (and only) car in Steet-FWD was the older Civic that ran a 1:24.311

I think there are a host of Focus owners out there within reach of the 1:24.xxx times. I was able to get down to a 1:27.8 later in the day on Saturday. If I were to install some RA-1's or V700's, and install the Crower Stage II cams and SCT flash, I should be right there...

Kris,

Thanks for the support!

·
Professor PowerSlide
5,944 Posts
Nik...your e-mail box is full

By any chance, do you have a fast lap for Roy in the Lotus on Sunday?

Thanks for all the help and the pit deal was a lot of help...saw lots using our air which is great!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Great job,
Nik and Chris on the time attack. Sorry that timing problem you were have at 1pm stop me from being able to run not that my SVT could have touched the Civic's time but early in the day I almost got in the 1:25's. The Focus sport car was very quick and also in the 24's. So I going to save some money and try to do some of the things that your doing to help be competive in the time attacks . keep up the great work.
Scottishsvt.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Allan(slidemaster), thank you for the props but it only because of your teaching that I was able to notice what you were doing and hopeful help you see the fix. Barbar guys did well over the weekend you should be proud of the whole team. How is Chris doing I hope he is feeling better.
Scottishsvt.

·
Professor PowerSlide
5,944 Posts
dont want to get it blown out....a non jetter called me bragging that he had chased him down bad when he was running 1:20 flat...it didnt seem real. Ron is smooth...but didnt see anything close to that, I ran him down with a 1:22

1 - 20 of 32 Posts