Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never liked most Hondas, but always did like the CRX. Came real close to buying a new one at one time.

CRX comeback

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
I dunno, but that sketch is about 2 years old, been posted about many many times before. I haven't seen any articles like that before though.

I'm like you, always liked the CRX's. I've also driven a few Insights. They are in many ways like a CRX. the same feel, great balance, but not quite as nimble and light on it's feet as the older CRX's.

I really hope they can come up with something better than that RSX rip-off though.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
*Sighs*
I'm with you two...I've always been a big fan of the CRX but even if they built a new one I feel I would still pick the ol'school CRXs...Come on!! A light/small shell body that with a B16A engine can nearly run 12's naturally aspirated (We ran 13.12 naturally aspirtated, with a few bolt ons and cam work) can't beat that!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Yeah, but a small bodied, light-weight new car with a K20 swap would be just as fast if not faster.

I highly doubut that this would ever come to the US anyway.

I do like this, though:

Suzuki Cappucino
supposedly, the s1000 is coming in '06!

·
Registered
733 Posts
I heart teh CRX Si...

Imagine a little buzzbomb like that, with the TSX-S 2.4L in it and a 6 speed.... heh
Very close to what I want to do to a CRX. I want to convert it to rearwheel drive and put the S2000 drivetrain under it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
This reminds me of the guy with theV8 rear engine CRX, still had the running 4 in it too. Supposedly drives it with the 4 until he encounters a race then fires up the V8 at the line.

I always wanted a CRX just for commuting, seems so practical....like a motorcycle with crumple zones or something.

·
WRAWRRR, BEAR CLAW!
19,258 Posts
This reminds me of the guy with theV8 rear engine CRX, still had the running 4 in it too. Supposedly drives it with the 4 until he encounters a race then fires up the V8 at the line.

I always wanted a CRX just for commuting, seems so practical....like a motorcycle with crumple zones or something.
I drove one for about a year, they're like your own personal RC car or something. Great great fun. Can't wait to drive oscar's once he gets the B16/Bigboost transplant done in it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
[/QUOTE]I drove one for about a year, they're like your own personal RC car or something. Great great fun. Can't wait to drive oscar's once he gets the B16/Bigboost transplant done in it.

[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, if only I had the time and parking space for another project.... They seem like a FWD Miata to me(fun factor and size), should they come out with a conv it truely would be like a FWD Miata.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I only wish a Miata had as much head and legroom!!
That is what made me love the Focus, all the Japanese cars are crazy cramped. I got in the Focus and it was like a road couch with good handling, compared to the turtle-head roofline and right leg cramped by the console in the Celica GTS. I do not regret staying away from that GTS one bit. A Miata is only good for short spirited driving, and the vibrations from them on the highway proves that they were made for nothing but sweeping country turns. The more I consider many other cars the Focus is really hard to beat.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I had a CRX Si, that my little sister inherited, man I still love that car.
180k miles - Cheapie intake - used DC headers - used HKS exhaust(restrictive - but not ricey at all!)
Ran a 15.6 @ 88mph with a sohc 1.6
Try that in a focus with the same amount of bolt-ons

I told her to take good care of it, because I will be taking it back!

·
Registered
723 Posts
now why can't honda ditch the Si (not that its a bad car) and bring that to the table? make it about 2300lbs and stuff the K20A3 (thats the civic Si and base RSX engine, right?) in there and you would have a badass little car that would do much better than the ep has.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I had a CRX Si, that my little sister inherited, man I still love that car.
180k miles - Cheapie intake - used DC headers - used HKS exhaust(restrictive - but not ricey at all!)
Ran a 15.6 @ 88mph with a sohc 1.6
Try that in a focus with the same amount of bolt-ons

I told her to take good care of it, because I will be taking it back!
you could run a 15.6 in a focus with intake, exhaust, and headers.

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
My husband is 6'5, and he never put the seat on the CRX all the way back to drive

I could only imagine him trying to drive a Miata...

The Foci do rule when it comes to headroom, though.
It'd be like those big bears trained to "drive" MG's and Triumph's at circus shows.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts