Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have to replace my in tank pump, but would rather put an inline and a fuel cell in the back for racing. i know i need the pump, cell, return lines, and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, but what regulator, and what obstacles will htere be b/c of the computer? please help, i already have the pump and cell ordered and need to get this set up in the next week or so. thanks in advance!

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
why return? we are making 400+ on the returnless system.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yes they are possible I had a working return system on my car before it was removed...

long story as to why it was removed

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Chris F (on Focaljet) is the only one I've seen with a fuel cell and return style fuel system. Last I remember, he was running the car with a Pectal. Might want to search in the forced induction forum or the road racing forum for some of his posts.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
the only real "high power" car that comes to mind is his own, all the the other "high power" cars, have been no where near maxing out the returnless style fuel system. and rich your return system was not working properly since the OEm fuel pump was not suppling enough fuel to keep the inline pump happy, you know this as much as i do. We are making 400ish on pump gas with the OEM system with a little coastal secret. The returnless sytem is supporting 700+ on severl wipple cars, and 1k on a few turbo'd ones.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey penguin and hunter, thanks for the help, and tekin, thanks for the knowledge, i had no idea oure stock systems were that good, i kinda hate pulling it now, lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts