Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all-I just got my Eibach Pro System installed last weekend(mad props to Schroed-thanks bro!). I put in the SVT rear bar and Prothane bushings myself this weekend-pics are below.

I am very impressed with this setup. I had Sportlines and Pro Dampers on my ZX3, but the springs were too low and soft, not allowing proper travel and ended up making the car ride like an '85 Camaro. This setup rides firm yet very controlled and well-damped. I do have to slow up a little more for bumps/driveways, but nothing harsh. The car looks perfect IMO(see pics below) because there is very even gap and it is not lower in the front than in the rear as is the case with a lot of Foci.

The demeanor of the car during turns is much improved. Gone is the tipsy feeling and the plow understeer. The car rolls a little but settles nicely and used the full patch of the tires. The rear SVT bar is great and eliminated any unwanted understeer-the car is so neutral now. I have some slight rubbing on the right-front side, but other than that no issues-most likey b/c of the 215/45/17 tires. I highly recommend this setup to anyone looking for well-damped, controlled ride with flat, predictable cornering and a reasonable drop.

I bought the Pro System from Focus Central for $449.99, the bar from ford-parts.com for around 70 bucks, and the bushings from New Edge Performance. One note on installing the rear bar: I couldn't use the factory bushings for the bar since the diameter is bigger. I use the urethane ones that came with the endlinks and they worked perfectly. They don't have the flat spot like the factory ones do, but it works. What do you guys think? -Andy

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

1 - 2 of 2 Posts