Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if the gauge cluster out of a UK car will fit the US Focus. Looks identical. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
wiring is different...beleive me, if u are going to do it, give urself a lot of time not needing ur car

because when u mess with european parts and european wiring...its a whole lotta fun

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wiring is different...beleive me, if u are going to do it, give urself a lot of time not needing ur car

because when u mess with european parts and european wiring...its a whole lotta fun
It is an ST pod into an SVT. I'm thinking it would be similar to the RS guage swap someone else did on here earlier. Just swap the guts out of the back. I was just curious if there was a difference in the actual guage cluster itself when mounting it into a LHD car. Looks like the mounting points are exactly the same between the two vehicles. Just wanted to verify before I bid.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
it shouldn't be too bad if ur gonna swap the wiring then

·
Registered
1,347 Posts

It is an ST pod into an SVT. I'm thinking it would be similar to the RS guage swap someone else did on here earlier. Just swap the guts out of the back. I was just curious if there was a difference in the actual guage cluster itself when mounting it into a LHD car. Looks like the mounting points are exactly the same between the two vehicles. Just wanted to verify before I bid.
I think it's the same, but GB and japan and a few other countries only drive on the right side, the rest of the world drives on the left.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Why not just buy the guage face and put it in your car. Much cheaper and no wiring. Plus they make them in all kinds of designs. The Guage themselves are no different than the US. RHD or LHD the mechanics are all the same.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What would be the benifit in this?
i was wondering the same thing
Eh...I just thought it would be nifty to have a set of ST170 gauges in my SVT. The gauges are pretty much the same. The UK unit is in MPH up to 160mph, same as the US unit. The only difference is the "ST" instead of the "SVT" on the tach and perhaps the electronic bits which are easily swapped. Thinking it would be interesting to turn my SVT into an ST170 look-a-like (doesn't take much) later on down the road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts