Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done rigging up an Injen air filter cone onto my stock intake system. I went and bought a piece from Home Depot for like 5 bucks and it fit the cone just right and slid right over my MAF. It looks kinda goofy, but it will work for now until i get the monE to put on AEM short ram.

[ 10-16-2002, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: MyBlackZX3 ]

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you have that rigged up use it till you get the money for a CAI, i did the same thing you have now and when i switched to a CAI (AEM) it made a big difference. at the track i went from 16.3 ("filter on a stick") to 15.8 (AEM CAI). my .02. peace.

Dave

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
why not use the stock setup until you get the money for what you really want? it will save you more in the long run.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my friend gave me the Injen filter so i just hooked it up on my car. The sound is great, and i am gettin an AEM short ram intake in about a month

·
Registered
543 Posts
Originally posted by demonfire:
why not use the stock setup until you get the money for what you really want? it will save you more in the long run.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah either that, or find somebody that's testing their intake and will give you one for free for letting them use your car.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Well, as I continue to state, my "ghetto"intake gave me 6-7 hp (dynod to prove) and cost me $25.00. But I can absloutely understand your need to spend $250 on a CAI!!!

Terry

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Originally posted by my2002svt:
Well, as I continue to state, my "ghetto"intake gave me 6-7 hp (dynod to prove) and cost me $25.00. But I can absloutely understand your need to spend $250 on a CAI!!!

Terry
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">can you PM me a pic of that? sounds cool...

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
I had a K&N on the end of MAFS with a homemade heatshield. I now have an AEM CAI (purchased used, yes I'm cheap) and it seems to pull more smoothly through the rpm range but not any harder. The short intake seemed to have a big jump in power around 3500rpm, the long tube I have now doesn't that sudden surge.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Originally posted by zx3ford:
I have the filter on the stock tube setup and I prefer it over the volant. But that's just me.

Here is my dyno with my ghetto cone. I do have a few other mods though.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292001243&idx=1
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">what filter are you using there? Just a cone k&n or somethin?
on the dyno. holy *cow*
TIA

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by zx3_silver:
If you have that rigged up use it till you get the money for a CAI, i did the same thing you have now and when i switched to a CAI (AEM) it made a big difference. at the track i went from 16.3 ("filter on a stick") to 15.8 (AEM CAI). my .02. peace.

Dave
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I agree with you completely...get the CAI instead you wont regret it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts