Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Shik 2.0
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you heard that Todd, Chris, Greg, and I went and volunteered at the rally races last weekend.. We had a blast of course, Todd (BUR_ZX3) working press and interviewing the drivers after the ran stages.. Chris (Airforcecorkus) being a stage marshall and also transporting peeps thru the runs.. Greg (guttedhatch) working timing control.. and yours truly selling t-shirts and putting all the award plaques together at 5am the last day..

Anyways needless to say that they treat the staff rather well, with plethoras of food and beer to go around all weekend long.

My cam only had a little bit of space, so I coulnd't catch more vids unfortunately.. but there are a few nice pics, bearing the 40 degree temps in the sideways rain and gusty winds for a couple hours. I have high res versions of all these if you want any particular one, just pm me.

videos (short)
http://www.curiousculture.com/cdc/Stuff/FocalJet/rally/videos/

all the pics here:
http://www.curiousculture.com/cdc/Stuff/FocalJet/rally/

·
Shik 2.0
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yah and thanks again Todd for getting this all hooked up. That was rad that they even aknowledged us with those awards. It was cool enough that they hooked us up the food and beer all weekend, but then they threw in a million pounds of Subaru goodies to play with. Great job with the PR and making a name for ourselves. I even got adopted into the Peterson family last weekend.. I can't wait until next year when we go at it again~

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Commentary on Shik's Pics.

That Gude focus... didn't finish. As expected!
The Volvo is built and run by Bill Malik, Burbank resident who is the service manager at a Volvo Dealership. He DNF'd the first night cuz his transmission linkage went out. But he ran club rally Saturday. And the TT... ran by Eric MaCaire... he's french... but one of the nice ones. He was running stock suspension and was able to make some quick times in it. But you shoulda seen him and his co-driver yellin at each other in service. I guess the controversy gave them their edge.

As for the AF Reserve Focus... we had heard a rumor that their Pectel crapped out on em Thursday night, so they had paid $2300 in shipping alone to have a guy fly from London to Los Angeles overnight and deliver it personally to him to get installed and running on Friday. Also the water fogger system crapped out on one stage on Saturday and they were running with 80 less HP!!!! But on a rainy day like this, power is not the issue... its timing, and driver ability.

I posted these in Rally... but nobody seems to care over there... so here...

Look at that thexi car....

And Tim O'Neil driving it...

More thexi... THIS is Brian Scott's car...

Thats me in the yellow subie hat... just behind the windshield

And me talkin with Lauchlin O'Sullivan... gettin the interview...

Finally... Whos that thexi guy on the left accepting the "group participation award" for "Focaljet: Team Socal" hmm???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts