Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need this update so bad does anyone know when it is going to be coming out i though like any day but my dealer doesnt no about.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I need this update so bad...
Do you have RLA6 applied? If so, what does RLA7 bring to the party? Anything I should be on the lookout for?

·
Registered
22 Posts
yeah, i hate pulling out of work in this sweet ride.....looking like i have hydrolics. LOL. the surge really sucks.
car also actually stalled this morning too.
6k on motor, these little things kinda getting to me.

·
Registered
262 Posts
so if this happens....how will we go about getting the update

stand on your head until you turn blue

·
Registered
751 Posts
You go to the dealer, say you want the newest software upgrade, they hook it up and its done. Well, actually it usually takes a long time b/c of the lazy idiots that work at my dealer

·
Registered
203 Posts
If the surging was related to the manifold then it should have gone away with the installation of my JRSC but it's still there.

·
Banned
25 Posts
well I have heard that the surging was related to the computer they programed it that way. when you start the car the computer rasies the rpm to HEAT up the cat faster to make a cleaner burn. this is a short cut to keep Emmissons down at a levl that it can pass at.. if u remember when they were getting built they had a stop build and stop ship on the cars because they couldnt pass the testing. I still have Rla2 on my car, a guy that does some testing told me to stay with ral2 if I didnt mind the surging RPM on a cold start. also the newer fix delays the RPM from dropping after getting off the gas, or changing gear. but who fully lets off the gas to ingage into next gear..:p.

·
Registered
142 Posts
well I have heard that the surging was related to the computer they programed it that way. when you start the car the computer rasies the rpm to HEAT up the cat faster to make a cleaner burn. this is a short cut to keep Emmissons down at a levl that it can pass at.. if u remember when they were getting built they had a stop build and stop ship on the cars because they couldnt pass the testing. I still have Rla2 on my car, a guy that does some testing told me to stay with ral2 if I didnt mind the surging RPM on a cold start. also the newer fix delays the RPM from dropping after getting off the gas, or changing gear. but who fully lets off the gas to ingage into next gear..:p.
The surging is not just on cold starts, it is also at steady state RPM's when the car is warm. Holding a steady speed and with the RPMs between 2-3K I, and many others, can feel the car surging as the engine adjusts the fuel mixture. Its annoying, but harmless. I'am still at RLA2 on mine, since I don't want to waste the time for RLA6 since the reports so far is that it doesn't fix the steady state surge problem.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
just spoke with SVT yesturday,they are waiting for CARB approval on the new program
Did they indicate what problems they are trying to fix?

This thread has turned into a rehash of the surging problem, so one would think that's what RLA7 is about. But no one has really mentioned the purpose of RLA7.

I'm sure the actual TSB will be specific about the symptoms and they will be posted here just like RLA6 was.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Trying to keep this one going. Called SVT today and they said it is still about 30 days out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts