1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Road America \"Time Trial\" 10/8-9

Alfa Club info

The Chicago Alfa Owners Club is having a 2 day event on 10/8-9:

The Chicago Alfa Romeo Owners Club invites you to participate in the 2005 CAROC Fall Challenge at Road America Time Trial on Saturday and Sunday, October 8th and 9th. Come enjoy the beautiful fall colors and have lots of motor sports fun.

The format will be open practices by class followed by timed runs. Touring will be at noon and will run for one hour. There will be timed runs in the afternoon. The timed format will be: 3/4 speed warm up lap, two full speed timed laps and then exit track at turn 5. This is done in solo fashion (no traffic, not wheel to wheel, no passing). The North Shore Corvette Club will also be joining us.

Don't know much more than this...but for those wanting to get out on RA, it seems like a great chance...

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Re: Road America \"Time Trial\" 10/8-9

Pardon my ignorance... but where's RA?

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

About 2 hours north of Chicago, 1 hour north of Milwaukee; Elkhart Lake is near Plymouth, WI. Find Sheboygan on the map (along lake Michigan) and go west about 10 miles...the track is nea the intersection of Hwy 67 and CT J.

For those coming from the east, there are several ferry boats that go across Lake Michigan--if you dont want to mess with going thru Chicago...

I have 4 road races in the Spec7 under my belt at RA--it is definately a horsepower track...with two super-high braking areas--turn 5 and turn 12...

·
Registered
11,123 Posts

I'd be interested in this, but it sounds like not much actual track time?

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

My Corvette buddy (who told me about this) says that he Alfa Club events offer the most track time of any events that he's gone to...and that's alot of events.

He said figure on about 2 hrs each day...between "practice"and timed runs.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts

Alright, I'll put that on my maybe list. Need to get a few more in before the snow flies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts