Ford Focus Forum banner

Road-Course Time Again...NASCAR Style

718 views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  ZX3guy182 
#1 ·
For all of you who say, "I Hate NASCAR, but it's kinda cool when they run the RoadCourses", This weekend they're running at Watkins Glen.

Jeff Gordon's on the Pole, Greg Biffle, Second, and his Roush Team-mate Mark Martin (MY Fave) Starts Third.
Of course there's plenty of Preliminary Coverage on SPEED TV, and the Race is on Sunday at 1 PM Eastern on NBC.
Boris Said's in the Race (10th), as are Ron Fellows(18th), Scott Pruett(28th), Johnny Miller(32nd) (Local Boy from East Tennessee, Top in Trans Am Points, and only his Second time in a W.C. Car), and PJ Jones(33rd). Surprisingly, Ken Schrader Did NOT Qualify...
Stewart, Rusty Wallace, Earnhardt Jr, Kenseth, Busch, Bobby Labonte and Boris Said round out the top 10 in Qualifying. The race is almost certain to go to one of them, unless something Freaky Happens.
Enjoy!

See less See more
#3 ·
Other Notables...
Kevin Harvick 11th
Casey Mears (Rookie) 12th
Ryan Newman 13th
Robby Gordon 14th
John Andretti (LONG Dry-Spell) 15th
Jimmie Johnson 20th
Ricky Rudd 26th
Christian Fittipaldi (Rookie, coming from Open-Wheel) 36th (Last to Qualify on Time)

#6 ·
It is entertaining to see them run road courses. Even though I don't follow the series and don't know the points for the drivers i'm gonna have to remind myself to buy tickets for the one they have at Infineon (Sears Point), cause its like 45 minutes from my house, and would be cool to watch.

#8 ·
I used to go there every year (1 hr away) but last year they ruined it. They put a black tarp over the whole grage area so you couldn't see in. Before you could sit there and watch them work on the cars. Since you have to get there at 7 or wait in line to get in all day, it gave me something to do until the race started. Now all you can do is walk through souvenier trailers. The topper was the WHOLE place ran out of drinks with about 45min left in the race. They were selling ice water for $5 A CUP!!!! The only road out is only 2 lanes wide also....4 hour drive to the thruway 1 hour away. I may go to some sports car races there but I'll never go back to a Winston Cup.

#9 ·
Are you talking about Watkins Glen or Sonoma?
I've been to Bristol a couple times, and while they had Plenty of Drinks, Traffic couldn't Help but Suck.

#15 ·
Speaking of which, How'd you like that "Spin, Save, and Run" that Boris Pulled off before his eventual Problems...???

#17 ·
All I know is that it proves my point... on the first right turn of the race... and Kyle Petty screws it up!

Hey though, He WAS Hit....(Kyle that is... Of Course Jeff was "Touched"...
)

#18 ·
I was there. My dad, grandpa and i go every year for 11 years We met jack roush and kurt busch, and i had tickets to meet biffle, but i missed it, but no ibiggie, ive met him before. Kurt and jack are so cool.,. I asked jack about making partds for the focus and he said they were workindg on it and i told him i have a roush racing decal on my hatch. haha, great times, nascar rules, too many peopl like it now though. oh well. peace

#19 ·
I was there. My dad, grandpa and i go every year for 11 years We met jack roush and kurt busch, and i had tickets to meet biffle, but i missed it, but no ibiggie, ive met him before. Kurt and jack are so cool.,. I asked jack about making partds for the focus and he said they were workindg on it and i told him i have a roush racing decal on my hatch. haha, great times, nascar rules, too many peopl like it now though. oh well. peace
SWEET, MAN!!!!

I hope Jack's not just trying to "Appease a Fan"...
It'd be cool to see what they can develop.
He has QUITE the Varied Background...
<Crosses Fingers...>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.