Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm runnin Motegi MR12's wrapped in 205/45-16 Yokohama Parada's.

Well I've been noticing that when im slowin down from like 20-25 down to zero there's a good bit of noise and sometimes you can actually feel it.

I mean if I got my stereo up it don't bother me. But sometimes I keep it down for other people and it's definitely heard. Is it just the nature of the tires or wheels or is there something else the matter?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well yeah I think we're talkin about the same kinda noise...I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a bigger problem such as being off-balance or something.

Should it be normal to be able to feel it a little bit sometimes too? I mean it would make sense to say that with a stiffer suspension and low profile's I'd feel the road more, but I'm no expert.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had this same problem that you describe with a new Volvo V-70. My dealership had an excellent service department and they were determined to find the source of the noise. They tried different wheels and tires, and they even tried substituting the half-shafts and wheel bearings from another new vehicle. They were not able to get even the slightest indication as to what caused the problem, much less fix it. They concluded that it was just an anomoly in the combination of different chassis components. This was a little hard to live with in a $40,000 vehicle.

My Focus does the same thing, even after trying 2 completely different types of tires; but on an economy/compact vehicle the problem is a little easier to live with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts